Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Do you share photographs of your children online?

NewJersey13NewJersey13
posted 2 years 1 week ago
After my daughter was born my husband told me he did not want me to share photos of our daughter on Facebook. I really didn't understand his concern, because I only wanted to share them with family and friends. Do any of you share photographs of your children online?

Amelia88Amelia88
I do, in part because I have family and friends scattered all over the world. I do keep my accounts private though, as I don't want just anyone and everyone having access to the pictures! Also, I wouldn't ever put things like bath pictures up online - that's just a straight up no, from me! My little one has to be clothed at all times!

I can definitely understand the apprehension though, and a few of my friends have a no pictures on social media policy when it comes to their children. These days I guess you just don't know who is out there and sometimes it's better to be safe than sorry.

morgoodiemorgoodie
I do share photos of my children online usually only on Facebook. I have many members of my family who live in other states and it makes it convenient to post new photos all the time. I really do not have a concern about it and I do not have "friends" on Facebook that I do not know. I, also, keep my privacy settings to limit the people who have access to my photos.

Akiram13Akiram13
My mother has also warned me about sharing photos of my children online. But seeing as I keep my facebook closed to only family and friends I see nothing wrong with it. All my family is in another country so I like to show them the kids and its my way of saving pictures without losing them if say my phone broke. Facebook is like my back up.

MylyMyly
posted 1 year 11 months ago
Honestly, I do not support it, even though I asked only 2-3 photos of my kids on facebook. We live in a strange time and among us there are malevolent and strange people who may misuse concrete photos of our children.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews