Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

Are you a good cook?

Amelia88Amelia88
posted 4 years 5 months ago
Cooking is one of my most loved hobbies, I would say. I think I'm a reasonably competent cook, but I definitely do better with dinner recipes than I do with sweets/baked goods.

I usually try a new recipe each week or so, to see if we like it enough to incorporate it into our dinner rotations. I love anything that can be made in the slow cooker, too!

What about you? Do you cook a lot? Do you enjoy it or does it just feel like another chore?

NewJersey13NewJersey13
I wouldn't say I am a good cook, but I don't think I am a terrible cook either. I like to cook, but I don't like the cleaning up afterwards. I don't cook a lot because after working all day I don't feel like it. Weekends are my favorite times to cook meals and try new recipes. I want to make it a goal to find quick, healthy meals, that I can make at home.

Amelia88Amelia88

NewJersey13 said:
I wouldn't say I am a good cook, but I don't think I am a terrible cook either. I like to cook, but I don't like the cleaning up afterwards. I don't cook a lot because after working all day I don't feel like it. Weekends are my favorite times to cook meals and try new recipes. I want to make it a goal to find quick, healthy meals, that I can make at home.
I hear you about the cleaning up part! Oftentimes when I am looking up interesting recipes to try online, I get turned off them (even if they sound positively delicious!) if there's a ton of pots and pans and dishes that are required to make the dish. I guess that's part of the reason why I love cooking in the slow cooker - apart from a chopping board or two and the slow cooker itself, it's pretty much mess free! Smile

purplepen88purplepen88
I think I'm a good cook. Cooking is something I really enjoy doing. Many people at work hate to cook but I am completely the opposite. I love reading recipes and finding new ones. My family gets tired of eating the same meals so I like to find new recipes to try out each week. Then they tell me if it's a "keeper" or not. I think in order to enjoy cooking you have to have some skills in the kitchen like knowing how to use a knife properly to cut different things. You have to have a sense of what flavours go together. I think once you have some basic cooking techniques mastered you can enjoy being in the kitchen and cooking.

KCWoodenKCWooden
I'd say I'm an excellent cook, providing there are no distractions. I love food, cooking, and trying new things. My pinterest board is so full I'm not sure I'll ever get to try them all lol. But I do try to cook something new at least once a week. My slow cooker and I have recently become BFFs, and I have about 5 "dump meals" sitting in my freezer. I think it's the creative part of it I love so much, being able to teak it a bit or a lot to fit my family. It also makes me feel like I'm doing something good for my family.
Cleanup isn't fun, but I don't mind it too much.

darkchilddarkchild
I cook, I actually prepare all our meals but I do not consider myself a good cook. I always take short cuts when cooking. I prepare meals at lightening speed.

I want to attend cooking school; I want to be a seasoned careful cook that my family can look forward to her cooking.

BarbieDollBarbieDoll
I love to cook but don't know how good I am. The problem lies in that I try to cook with the most healthy and low cal ingredients, and to others that might not taste so great, because they might think it needs more butter, more oil, more cheese, etc. But I still love to figure out new ways to make healthy meals.

MariposaMariposa
Cooking and collecting/trying new recipes is one of my favorite things to do. I've been collecting recipes since I was about 14. I think that experience and loving to be in the kitchen has made me a good cook, yes. I've never been one to open cans, boxes, and bags and call it a meal.

My family, fortunately, is very good about trying new things when I cook my new recipes. It's rare that something doesn't turn out too well. Sometimes things just look better "on paper" than they do when they're actually cooked.

Akiram13Akiram13
I'm a decent cook not the greatest and not the worse. My kids are able to eat and seem to enjoy it. I always believe other people who cook have better tasting food. I like cooking mainly because I love to eat. I would say my most lazy chore would have to be washing the dishes. Smile

rz3300rz3300
Well I would sure like to think that I am a good cook, but I am pretty sure that I only can make a few dishes pretty well and that is the extent of it. I have mastered the ones that I like the most, and I would guess that most people are the same way. My mother was certainly an exception to that rule though because she could make anything well.

sugarnspicesugarnspice
posted 4 years 4 months ago
I don't want to say I'm a good cook, but my family loves what I prepare. Smile

MMartellMMartell
posted 3 years 11 months ago
I can't say if I'm a good chef or not. But, one thing for sure is I always give my best in preparing and cooking food for my family and friends. It is my passion and I always love discovering new recipes.

tammietammie
posted 3 years 6 months ago
I love cooking but I cannot say if I'm a good chef. My family at least loves my creations Smile

JanetheVeganJanetheVegan
posted 3 years 3 months ago
I think I am a good cook. I rarely create my own recipes - I'm more of an editor : P. I find interesting stuff online and then apply some changes if needed. My family never had the reason to complain even though the meals I prepare are all vegan - right amount of spices can make up for everything Wink

MMartellMMartell
posted 3 years 3 months ago
I don't want to say I'm a good cook but my hubby and kids love everything I cook. I try new recipes sometimes and they would say if they liked it or not.

MMartellMMartell
posted 3 years 3 weeks ago
Well, I am no expert but every time I cook. My love ones surely love it!

KatyKateKatyKate
posted 3 years 1 week ago
I enjoy cooking and I think I'm quite good at it. I especially like testing some vegetarian recipes because they tend to be very creative. Smile

KatyKateKatyKate
posted 3 years 1 week ago
OMG, this cake looks amazing! I'm so hungry right now! Tounge Out

twentyblushtwentyblush
posted 2 years 9 months ago
Yes, I love to cook and my family loves it. But I suck in baking though

JellaJella
posted 2 years 7 months ago
I love cooking too but I'm always very critical about myself

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer