Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Heating at night while we sleep.

sheebah7sheebah7
posted 2 years 9 months ago
No that the cold weather is here..keeping arm is an expensive task. In my home we have central heat that seems like it just doesn't warm the whole entire house. We have two space heaters that are in use and somewhat get the job done. At night the heaters have to be unplugged for safety reasons. Does anyone use the central heat at night to warm their home? What is your technique for staying warm at night?

Amelia88Amelia88
I am fortunate in that where we live right now doesn't get insanely cold during winter. Still cold, but not really dropping below freezing much (maybe a couple times a year). Our house has central heating controls in each room, so we can pick and choose what areas we want to heat. Mainly we just heat our little one's room to take the chill off the air, but in our room once we are in bed we don't really notice the cold! I'm one of those people that is absolutely a furnace when they sleep...so I guess that's beneficial in some senses!

purplepen88purplepen88
In Canada the winter evenings can get very cold so we always have the central heat on. To save money we turn the thermostat down at least 3-4 degrees Celcius at bedtime and turn it back up just before we wake up. Programmable thermostats are the best. To keep warm when we are sleeping I also have thick down duvets on every bed with flannel bedding. I also find that flannel pajamas also make a big difference in keeping you warm while you sleep.

morgoodiemorgoodie
posted 2 years 8 months ago
Fortunately, this winter we have been having milder temperatures than usual and it has not been nearly as cold as in the past. I usually turn the thermostat down a bit at night so that it does not run as much while we are sleeping. I have heavy quilts that we use to sleep with and we stay nice and warm while saving money on heating. I also do this when there is no one home since it is unnecessary to heat the house when it is empty.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews