Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Keeping your kids active

purplepen88purplepen88
posted 2 years 3 weeks ago
What do you like to do to keep your kids active? My husband builds a hockey rink every winter so our kids skate every day. In the summer we play soccer, frisbee, football, and baseball on our side lawn. We love to go on nature hikes and bike ride. With childhood obesity rates rising what do you do help your child develop an active lifestyle.

Shree1990Shree1990
posted 5 months 4 weeks ago
Play simple games with them in the back yard. Hiding and seek is our favourite. Just walking around in nature and spotting different leaves, flowers, trees and sometimes squirrels is also a favourite activity. They also need to invent stuff, so sometimes I just sit by a tree and ask them to walk around and find something they have never seen before and then recite a poem about the new object. My nephews especially love this game. The nieces are more into drawing. But nonetheless, they feel cheerful and delighted. One one them has started to file his poems.

sophiasophia
posted 3 weeks 1 day ago
Best way to keep your child active is by letting him play games that educate him. Learning+games and unique experience. Visit Tunza Games website today.

Christina13Christina13
posted 2 weeks 5 days ago
Hi dear,
I think I like what you are doing. It is true that one-third of the children in the US are all obese. This number is continuing to rise and has transcended to overweight adolescents and adults. However, I would like you to remember that obesity is caused by a myriad of factors including genetics, poor dieting, lack of exercises and much more. Obesity is the main cause of a myriad of ailments including heart attack, Blood pressure, diabetes, heat ras, bone issues and cholesterol. So taking your kids out to play is important and should be encouraged. However, you need to combine this with other methods that fight obesity including proper dieting. Watching what your children eat is important and could help you fight obesity.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews