My two elder children are 3 years apart, and now I am having the third baby, which is 4 year apart from my second child.

I prefer to have 3 or 4 year gap, as it'd allow me to have more time to focus on my eldest child, before I need to spend time taking care of the little one. I always plan to breastfeed my baby until at least 2 years old, so I only considered getting another child after I stopped breastfeeding the elder. Also, I don't think it's easy for me to handle two little ones at the same time, as I am a homeschooling and work from home mom.

As for jealousy, I always think if parents or any adults do not try to "threaten" the child, then they will be fine. Many adults here like to tease the children whenever the mother is pregnant. I always stopped those adults from saying that, and I told my children I love them all, and they love each other as well. I also told my children, I will spend more time taking care of the newborn baby, as he needs me more, and they understand this well. I did the same to my eldest son, and he helped me to take care of the younger sister when she was born too. I didn't see any jealousy on him.