Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

Finding Local Fun Activities

MariposaMariposa
posted 4 years 8 months ago
Does anyone else try to find fun things to do locally instead of always looking for family activities that are further away? I'll have to admit that when I started doing that, I was stunned at the things there are to do, even within a fairly close distance that I hadn't known about!

I'm not necessarily talking about a staycation either... just something to do for a few hours on a weekend afternoon. The first thing I found was a program for children about maple sugaring... my daughter loved it. Who knew it was practically in my own back yard?!

Libraries often have programs for kids, too... and nature preserves. Well, there are so many possibilities, I won't name them all. Very happy I'd love to get ideas of new things to do by hearing what the rest of you have done with the kids for a free or nearly free weekend afternoon!

dsmith1980dsmith1980
posted 8 months 1 week ago
I've been trying to plan for the February Half term. Basically we're bored of the usual activities locally and want to discover new ones. The best sites I could find for ideas were Days Out With The Kids and Best Kids days Out. Both have some great ideas that I'd never thought of.

SchriebsySchriebsy
posted 7 months 4 weeks ago
I'd second Days Out With The Kids - always use this when I cant think of anything to do with the kids

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews