Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

How long would you breastfeed for?

qiaraauqiaraau
posted 1 year 4 months ago
Breast feeding is important as it gives the nutrition and benefits needed for the baby to be healthy. You can breast feed as long as you and your baby likes, there is no harm in breast feeding. Don't mind what every one says and just do what you think is right. Smile

Diana1998Diana1998
posted 1 year 3 months ago
Hello mamajay,
I think you are absolutely right. You can continue breastfeeding as long as the milk is still flowing. Ladies who stop their children from breastfeeding do so for some selfish reasons. It is argued that they do so because they want the breast to remain firm. As you can see, this is a selfish reason which does not make any sense. What I know is that you can continue breastfeeding until the baby refuses to. When I was in school, in grade 4 I used to admire my cousin who used to go home and breastfeed. I think he was about 8 years old. The mother used to enjoy it since the boy was the last born. Also, studies don’t say that breastfeeding is a problem. In fact, there are no known side effects of breastfeeding until the milk stop coming. Mother’s milk is good whether the baby is big or not. However, most people breastfeed up to two years. At this point, the baby’s immune system has fully been developed and the kid can be independent. The digestive system is also well-developed meaning that the child is already eating other solid foods prepared in the home. It is also in order to exclusively breastfeed the child for six months and introduce other foods thereafter. If the kid still wants to breastfeed, you can continue. If it does not, you can stop and introduce other meals. So my dear, don’t listen to anyone and let your child enjoy its mothers' milk.

qiaraauqiaraau
posted 1 year 2 weeks ago
Breastfeeding for a long time is a good thing. It is good for your baby's development. The longer you can breastfeed the better Smile

Caguioa747Caguioa747
posted 7 months 4 weeks ago
Realistically 12 months. Stretch goal is 18 months. I think it’s hard to tell when there’s so many factors that are outside of mom’s control. Baby might decide to self wean early. Teeth coming in. Pumping not working out at work. Also the strain it puts on your body.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews