Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

What are your new years resolutions for 2016?

RobRob Admin
posted 4 years 3 months ago
- My blog Last edited by Rob 2 years 5 months ago
Hi all!

What are your new years resolutions for the year ahead? Want to see the world, spend more time with the kids, or give up that annoying habit?

Let us know! Sharing might make it easier to keep your resolution Wink
As for my resolutions, the main one is to be more active with this website, and make sure we're providing lots more content and community activity for our members (that's you!)

Happy new year all, and hope you all have a great 2016!

kacalhounkacalhoun
posted 4 years 2 months ago
My New Year's Resolution is to lose weight (the usual resolution for most women), improve my relationships with friends and family, become more financially stable, and just all around happiness. I just want to be a more positive, happy person. My resolution is working on me and my attitude towards things. I am tired of always being negative about everything, especially about myself. I want to feel good about myself again and just be happy no matter what is going on in my life at the moment.

Cassidy73Cassidy73
I'm not usually one for resolutions, but this year is different. I have a daughter who just turned one, and that meant the end of my maternity leave benefits. My resolution this year is to find a way to earn enough money as a stay-at-home-mom that I can actually be a stay-at-home-mom!

So far I've started my own business selling hand-made home decor, become a consultant for a company that sells scrapbooking supplies called Creative Memories, and done a ton of research on ways to make money from home.

I know it's going to be a long and hard road, but I think it will be worth it in the end.

Best of luck to everyone with their 2016 resolutions!

mandakmandak
I'm looking to lose my holiday gut (5 pounds gone so far), organize and declutter my home (which has proven to be very difficult with a two year old running around) and do more local traveling with my family. We live in a beautiful area (Pacific NW) and I'm really excited to start to show my son the natural beauty of where we live. We might even go camping!

swaliaswalia
My new year resolutions include losing weight, reading at least two books every month and working towards generating a decent online income. I want to start my own astrology website this year. Publishing an ebook of my poetry is also on my list.

Laurelbell85Laurelbell85
My new years resolution is to spend more time with my daughter. Also, it is to plan my wedding while keeping costs low. I want to start eating healthy and working out.

purplepen88purplepen88
My resolutions this year include being a more thoughtful parent. I want to be more mindful of my actions and how they influence my kids. I want to be more patient and more giving. I think it's important to be kind and thoughtful people. But also to be grateful. I teach elementary school and I am noticing more and more that kids are not appreciative and expect more. These kids I've noticed are so unhappy and have difficulty making and keeping friends. One way to get my children to be grateful is at supper time I am going to have everyone at the table say one thing they are grateful for. Hopefully this will get our family to be less self absorbed and more appreciative for the little things we do have, not upset about what we don't have.

rz3300rz3300
Well I sure hope that I can finally stick to one, so maybe my resolution is to actually stick to a resolution, if that is possible. I always seem to have the same ones, and those include working out more, eating better, stop a nasty habit that I have. I usually do pretty well for about a week or two, and then I start to slip, and I am sure that many people are the same way. Best of luck to us all this year.

LMK1115LMK1115
I have the usual cliche resolution to lose weight. Not just lose weight, but really get healthy. I'm working hard towards creating healthier habits in our home by being the change I want to see. I grew up on fast food, and I don't want that for my kids. I'm trying to cook more as well because of that. I recently started Weight Watchers after having my second baby. I did it with my first, but for some reason it seems harder to stick to this time around.

MrsChristyHMrsChristyH
I want to get toned up. I am not too badly out of shape, but after having kids, I haven't gotten back down to prepregnancy weight. I figure that I probably never will, but I can tone up the body I am left with. I have already started a decent work out regimen and stopped drinking so much sweet tea. It's amazing how in just a couple of weeks I am already noticing a difference.

sheebah7sheebah7
I have been looking forward to the "New Year" since last Spring and now that it is here, it's like a regular day. I just think I was feed up with 2015. That somehow I figured 2016 was going to change that burning desire to be done with 2015 and bring on new adventures and excitement but to no avail it did nothing of the sort. I have been making plans for upcoming vacations and trips for this new year, but I also have been given the reality that a year does not change a thing, it is my thinking that needs to change. So, yes my resolution is to be more positive during tough times and to always remember it can only go up from here.

dStMarsdStMars
My New Years Resolution is to get in shape but not just in shape but in the best shape and health of my life. I want to do this by weaning myself off of meat and eating vegan organic food little by little. I think that this is one of the main way that you should be maintaining your life. As welll as occassionbal fasting i want to work out until I am the slimmest that I have ever been, then work out to gain mass by eating more food and working out more strenuously. I think that I can do this within the next 8 months.

Amelia88Amelia88
I too want to put fitness on my radar. I'm okay with the weight I am right now, but I just really want to tone up, and clean up my eating too. I find that as a mum it's all too easy to grab those quick sugar fixes for a bit of energy - and then I find myself crashing and burning later on! Not fun...so I want to make eating healthily and showing my child good habits a real priority.

I also want to pay off more of our mortgage and create a bit of a buffer there. You know how life can be - things pop up unexpectedly that end up putting a dent in the household budget. So I really want to ensure that we get ahead as much as we can with the mortgage to give us some breathing space!

I'd also love to travel somewhere, if time and finances permit. A little family getaway somewhere would be lovely, and it gives us something to look forward to as well!

rz3300rz3300
I think I want to change my answer already. The fitness thing is not just working out, and I want to go at it more like Sheebah above and really just have an adventure. Do something that I would not have done otherwise. Have something to write home about. Make a story to tell people. Gain some knowledge. They all sound pretty broad, sure, but maybe that is a good thing.

thash1979thash1979
My 2016 resolution is to spend more time with family and less time worrying about what I can not change. The last year was a rough one. I worried too much about what other people thought and making them happy. This year I am going to focus on myself and kids. I have learned the hard way that you can not make anyone happy, that you can only make yourself happy.

aschillingaschilling
Less of a resolution, calling it more a life commitment! :-) But working toward making sure this year is a great year, trying to stay positive and instead of sitting back and letting things happen to me or waiting for it, working hard to make positive changes for myself!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzZLnXHJ3IE

morgoodiemorgoodie
I try not to make new year's resolutions since I hardly ever keep them. However, I do have some major changes taking place this year. I plan to move out of state and begin a new and hopefully better life with my family. I want to work from home more and am currently trying to make that happen. I know it is going to be difficult but I know in the long run it is going to be better for us. So that is my resolution. To make changes for the positive and try not to let negative feelings and actions hinder the success for that to happen. Good luck to all with your resolutions.

RezonateRezonate
2015 was a tough year for me. Physically I had let myself go I was at my heaviest at 190lbs my back started hurting and so did my knees I started feeling things in my body I never had felt before. 2016 I made it a goal and proirity to get in shape and lose some weight. So far I'm down 5lbs to begin the new year and I'm far from done.

alybarronalybarron
I personally have quite a few "resolutions", though I prefer to call them "goals". One of my largest personal goals is to do yoga every day of the year 2016. I'm off to a good start so far and I must say that my yoga headstands are getting very good. I'm hoping to progress to some more difficult inversion yoga poses throughout the year. It has been a really great experience so far and I hope that I can stick to it for the next 11 months.

darkchilddarkchild
posted 4 years 1 month ago
My new year resolution is to make money online; I have had a blog for over three years and I can't seem to make a dollar from it. I have unpublished novels as well but it has been difficult to get them published.

I would like to make some money this year to contribute more to my family and finally begin my online masters degree program.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews