Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

bubbas' haircuts

LadybugLadybug
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
ok - she's 14months and I still haven't relented.... when should I give in and cut her hair? It's a right mop, and she doesn't do the hair clip or band thing very well...
can I use a wee zap of hairspray on her comb?? Suggestions???
When did you cut your LO's hair?

miarubymiaruby
- My blog
hmm now i cant really help you here as my LO is near enough bald lol! Very happy

I have been willing her to get some hair for a while now as i am so sick of people saying what a cute little boy she is! how rude of them i think! to just presume she is a boy because she has very little hair!

me and my oh was both very bald babies lol! so guess thats where she ges it from! Crazy

love jodie xxx

LadybugLadybug
HI JODIE!!!!

loadsa folks assume my katie is a boy too - i'm tellin ya u canny win hon!!!

ta for replyin to me Very happyVery happyVery happy

CathyGCathyG
My Freddie (1yr 2 weeks) still has hardly any hair, i want it to grow. don't want to cut it for years, i want him to have a mop of wavy "surfer dude" hair. Cool

sammie83sammie83
my little girl had her hair cut wen she was 21mnts old. she hasnt got much but if u get it cut now it will grow better an quicker Very happy ellie;s is gettin thicker noiw just like the hairdresser said

hipmommahipmomma
i first cut charlies hair when she was about 1, just because she was too young for brushing out knots!!

She is nearly two now and has a nice little bob just almost shoulder length. Now she only complains a little bit about having it brushed!

It has become much thicker for cutting it too. Josh had lots of cuts from when he was little, spiky little boy cuts...oh and then there was the mowhawk! haha...his nan nearly cried!!

candgsmumcandgsmum
Charlotte was bald until she was 18 months, now her hair has to be trimmed every month as it is so long! We only trim it though and we are growing out her fringe because my DH is rubbish at cutting it. He once made such a mess of her fringe it ended up being half way up her forehead!

Charlotte used to pull out all her bobbles and clips so we just kept it shoulder length until she asked for them to be put in.

We do find brushing her hair a nightmare though now its long Shocked She screams if there are knots.

boosmummyboosmummy
Our eldest had his first haircut at 8mths old as it was so thick. He's now 2 and regularly has a #2. Our youngest son was 1 last week and i'm so far refusing to have it cut as its lovely and soft with the cutest curls at the back. I know eventually i'll have to give in but i'm trying to leave it as long as possible. Husband says he'll take him if i leave it too long but if he was a girl I could leave it...duh as tho i didn't figure that out! Smile

TamTam
Nate is going to have curly hair, you can see it around his ears startign to form little curls, Mak keep telling me that he is going to cut his hari if it goes curly but Ive told him that if he cut our son's hair then I will be cuttingoff something of His!! Wink

All the boys in our family ahve had beautiful curly hair and I cant wait for Nats hair to grow long and curly!!!!!!

noababynoababy

Tam said:
but Ive told him that if he cut our son's hair then I will be cuttingoff something of His!! Wink

!!!!!!

ROTFPMSL -heeheee

(for all of youz who think we are in code-that means rolling on the floor pi@sing myself laughing)

TamTam
He knows I would as well!! Very happy

adamsmumadamsmum
hi, my LO is 3 years old now. He is a very hairy child, haha , hairy back and a mop of jet black hair, he crippled me with heartburn when i wsa pregnant. He is half arabic so that's where he gets it from. When he was 10 months old I took him for a hair cut and he screamed the place down, hated it and the result was a traumatised child, stressed and embarassed mum and a very dodgy haircut haha. So from then on I did his hair myself, whilst he was in the bath. Often took more than an hour as it was so thick but I had no other option. I distracted him with toys in the bath whilst I trimmed, vey carefully. He was 3 in April and had his first proper haircut in March Very happy
He doesn't mind going now. I would say if your little girl needs a trim, take her to a preofessional and see how she takes to it, if not try yourself. If it is just her fringe that needs it, try when she is sleeping peacefully, that is tricky though.
Hope it helps, love becs x

bunnigirlbunnigirl
hi my son is 14 months and i wont have it cut i was debating for ages should i shouldnt i and then i though my baby my decision bugger what any one else thinks so he still has lovely blonde curly hair to just up to his shouldres and he is so sweet with them so do what u feel is right and Angry the world its not them that has to live with your baby it is u and if u like it how it is u leave it
sorry for ranting on lol
xxxx

pinkfairypinkfairy
I had Scarletts haircut back in January and it has grown so much. Scarlett was born with loads of hair so I left it for ages. Glad I got it cut though as it has thickened up even more so much so it needs another trip to the hairdressers!

loublouloublou
hiya all
alice may has spiky hair and veryone says it looks like ive stuck her in a plug socket PMSL!!
but ive put a clip in it today soo cute!!
lucys and emily started wearing clips and bobbles as soon as i could get them in a nd never pulled them out..training u see!!!!!

alice may wont be having hers cut till shes about 5 at this rate though lol !!!

sugarsugar Moderator
I never cut DD's hair utnil new yrs eve last yr! when she was just over 3.5yrs old!
it was down to her bum and needed a trim!
She did have her fringe cut at 2.5 yrs old by a hair dresser but i now trim it!

v_preciousv_precious
If you have a bab with tangly hair always use conditioner when you wash their hair and either use a spray in conditioner every morning before brushing OR make up your own by mixing conditioner (a fair bit)in with water and put it in a spray bottle.
That helps alot. Very happy

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews