Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Teachers Strike

GTTkelGTTkel
posted 6 years 1 week ago
Two of my children are at the same school. There are 11 classes in the school and wednesday for the Strike 9 of the class teachers are off, the other 2 are working and so 2 classes are still meant to attend school while the other 9 classes get the day off. For us this would mean one of our children going to school while the other gets the day at home with his little brother BUT my husband has said no. He says that if the school want to muck about like that then we're keeping all the kids at home as he thinks it's unfair to send only one into school. I on the other hand, although I see his point, think that she should go to school, but he has already told her she can have the day off now.

What do you think about it?

SamuelSamuel
Using that logic surely it will be unfair when they are at different schools and they have different inset days etc? I would place him as more than welcome to let her skive if he was going to spend 5 hours catching up on the work she has missed and dealing with her when she expects another day of school.

GTTkelGTTkel
Well do you know Samuel she actually came out of school yesterday and said, "Mummy, I'm not going on strike on wednesday!" Bless her, she made that decision herself even though her dad had said she could have the day off. I was pleased; even more so because she made the decision herself. The biggest joke of it all though is that her class teacher is off sick this week and now they've had to find a cover teacher to do the school day tomorrow!! That's irony for you Smile

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews