Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

ANY ADVICE WOULD BE APPRECIATED

mixy31mixy31
posted 6 years 11 months ago
hi just looking for some advice i have a 3 year old daughter and everytime i put her to bed at night she always seems to wake up 2-3 hours later, i really do not understand why she does this as i keep her awake all day and she normally goes to bed at 7.00pm so she should be really tired also she always comes in to my bed during the night i do not get any night where she sleeps in her own the whole night through, does anybody else have a similar problem with there children getting back up again after a couple of hours sleep. advice please would be appreciated or any tips so i can break this sleep habit, thanks

shortie2shortie2
Sorry i cant really help you as my daughter sleeps right through. My daughter is in bed at 7.30pm and sleeps through the night. Have you thought about trying to tire her out i.e taking her to a soft play in the afternoon or a big walk etc? I know it isnt much advise or any help but just a suggestion.

GTTkelGTTkel
She could be getting too hot-do you have the heating set to come on at that time?
Or too cold-does she hve the right blankets?
Could just be a habit her body clock has got into in which case maybe change her routine slightly to re-train her in affect! Try putting her to bed half an hour later, or giving her her last food or drink at a different time. Most importantly be firem and give a clear messge that night time is for sleep and in her own bed. Take her back straight away if she gets up, minimal contact and no conversation so she isn't getting the message that she should be communicating at that time of night. Don't put her light on or make a big ting of her being up, just straight back to her bed EVERY TIME quickly and quietly. If you stick to it every night she'll change her habits surprisingly quickly. Good luck.

alice88alice88
posted 6 years 6 months ago
She maybe getting too hot or just uncomftable.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews