Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

two year old waterwork worries!

karmasmummykarmasmummy
posted 6 years 10 months ago
hi guys! Smile
i've got a daughter of 2 (before anyone says i'm in the wrong place, i couldnt find a category specific to my query, so you'll have to make do with me here! Razz)
Anyway, its probably nothing to worry about but recently she's been drinking LOADS. Water and very diluted squash mainly, but always seems to be thirsty. its been going on for a few weeks now. I havent noticed any major change in her toilet habits (as she's out of nappies but is going to the toilet every 20 mins, which is a little out of the ordinary) and doesnt appear ill.. As she's my first child, im not sure if its a phase all toddlers go through, or if i should watch her a little more closely. I hate to sound like an overbearing parent who worries too much but i havent managed to find an answer on the internet anywhere.
Any advice would be a massive help!
Thanks in advance Very Happy

AlexAlex Moderator
I would get her checked out by your GP. Take a record of how much she is drinking and how often she is going to the toilet with you.

GTTkelGTTkel
I have three children. My eldest drinks very little and in the summertime I often have to remind her, "Make sure you drink enough". However my two boys drink loads, to the point where I have sometimes thought they surely can't need that much. It goes without saying that the more a child drinks the more frequently they will need the toilet; and as your little one is out of nappies maybe she is just being very careful not to wet herself. If you are worried talk to a doctor, but concider if you have any other physical concerns or not about her.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews