Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

What are Some Good Educational Toys?

drostydrosty
posted 7 years 8 months ago
Everyone wants their children to excel at problem solving, creativity, sharing, and reading. Educational toys are a great opportunity to combine play, social interaction, practice, and new knowledge. You might picture flashcards full of useless factoids as boring examples, but good educational toys really are fun, entertaining, and adapt to your child's age and interest.
Toys that reinforce the connections children already make between colors, shapes, words, and pictures will strengthen their understanding of building, reading, following directions, specializing in tasks, and motor coordination. The toys that you remember spending hours with as a child are your best bet, including puzzles, building blocks, clay, interlocking logs or other plastic pieces, coloring books, and puppets. You're striving for toys that appeal to different age groups and don't strictly work in one way, not necessarily ways to make him or her learn rote knowledge.

definity0definity0
posted 7 years 7 months ago
dont forget "role play" toys as well. Things like dolls and action men, farm and zoo toys etc. They all build creativity by encouraging children to make up stories as they play. I spent hours and hours playing with my farm and horse toys as a kid, making up names and characters for the animals and people, building and rebuilding my "farm". I'm a writer now Smile

tacHi416tacHi416
posted 6 years 1 month ago
I like the puzzle pieces that has shapes in it.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews