Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Been at the hospital all day today...

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
posted 7 years 10 months ago
My spotting went from light and brownish to heavy and red so we went to the ER this morning because I couldn't get in to see gyno today. Basically we were there all day to find that they don't know if I miscarried or not yet. I have to go see the gyno in 2 days and see if the HCG numbers have dropped or gone higher. If they've gone up I'm still pregs, if they dropped then I've miscarried. The bleeding is like a period almost with the cramps and all....

Has any one else been through something like this early in pregnancy and still went on to have a healthy pregnancy?

It wasn't planned but then we got so excited about it, now I'm heartbroken and afraid to hold on to any hope Sad

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Awww Tammy. I am so sorry. I had a feeling that may be the case after i saw your status on fb so came straight on to see if you had posted. I know a few people it has happened to that HAVE gone on to have happy healthy pregnancies. My friend has bled all the way though hers on and off and had cramos too. They found a small bleed somewhere but it hasn't affected the baby at all. At one point she was told they were almost certain the baby had died but they did an ultrasound then and there and the baby was FINE. She has 8weeks to go now and everything is looking good!! I also have a friend who was pregnant with twins, she lost one baby, very sadly but did go on to have the other one. She is now a bouncing 2year old!! I have everything crossed for you hun! Don't give up hope yet. You never know. You will be in my thoughts all night hun Xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Mandy!! They did a sonogram but the pregnancy is too early to see anything. Blood and urine tests show that I'm still pregnant but that doesn't really mean I am they said. I'm more confused now than when we went to the hospital. I did have a similiar situation early in my pregs with Aaralyn and we all know she made it through ok, so I'm trying not to let go of all hope. I do know one thing, I have the most amazing boyfriend and he helped me through today like no one else could. No matter what the outcome, I am so blessed to have Aaralyn as Mike is to have Amber and we are blessed to have each other Love

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Ofcourse you are. You have both been blessed with amazing children and i am sooo pleased that you finally got back together. You are so meant for each other and i am so pleased you had your soul mate there with you. As i said, it doesn't have to be bad news so no panicking yet, it will make your bp rise and stress is not good for babs anyway. IF it is bad news, don't feel bad for grieving though hun. Although you are lucky to have what you have and this baby wasn't planned it does NOT mean you are not allowed to be sad about it and grieve! As i said though, it isn't over yet. Good thoughts!!!!!!! Xxxxxxxxxx You know where i am if you want me tam Xx

kristagkristag
Aw Tammy, I'm so sorry to hear that. Fingers crossed.

I had small bleeds with Sophie and with this current baby and early internal scans (5 weeks) to see Sophie with a repeat at 7 weeks to see the heartbeat and with this current one, I had a bleed at 8 weeks and was convinced I'd lost the baby but with a scan the same day as the bleed, there it was little heart beating away Smile

I would say that my bleeds have always been brownish blood and not heavy at all.

From my personal experience, the one time the bleed when from brown to red then got heavy, I did have a miscarriage Sad I do know that's not always that case though as Amanda said.

Please let us know how you get along.

As you said, the main thing is that you and Mike are back together (Mike's are great people you know Thumbs Up ) and you never know, even if this time doesn't work out - and I know how sad that would make you - you're a couple now and there is always a next time! Remember I'm 44 now and fell pregnant easily again this time so there is no rush for you either Smile

Lots of love hun. xxxx

AlexAlex Moderator
Hug tammy I saw you status on FB and came straight here, although I did suspect I might be read what I am reading.

I never experienced this or know anyone who has but just wanted to say keeping everything crossed and thinking of you. Xxxx

Thank you all!!! Hug The bleeding got heavier last night and is light this morning so I guess we just wait and see.....

I'm so glad I can get back on here now!!! Love you guys!!

eamesy88eamesy88
- My blog
Just saw your status so came to check like the others have, i had bleeding with tamzine really heavy but not the crampin etc so not much help, fingers crossed for you though Hug

AlexAlex Moderator
Hug love you too Tammy. Xxxx

Laura, did you have clotting as well?? Today, heavy bleeding, cramping and clotting.

Mikey is still holding on to hope, I've kinda been losing the hope today Sad

catgirl_872catgirl_872
awwwww babe i seen ur message on facebook, im prayin for u.
lots of love from me and the boys xxxxxxx

GTTkelGTTkel
Oh no Tammy, hope you get the outcome you want xx

kirstkirst
hi tammy
i havent been on for ages but thought id come and have a look round.
i am so sorry to hear this i have everything crossed for u xxx

eamesy88eamesy88
- My blog

hapydazy said:
Laura, did you have clotting as well?? Today, heavy bleeding, cramping and clotting.

Mikey is still holding on to hope, I've kinda been losing the hope today Sad

Yes Tammy i did, worst day was the first i went from nothing to loads (used 5 sanitary towels) just while travelling 7 miles in a car, traffic clear, but luckily everything was ok and took a few days to wear off, hoping its the same for you, so im keeping things crossed for a good outcome, but at least you are aware of the possible outcomes Hug

candgsmumcandgsmum
I had heavy bright red clotty bleeding (when I was expecting Charlotte) but I was 36 weeks gone and they never really could tell me what caused it. I had more bleeding a few weeks later and they put it down to erosion of my cervix.

I bled early on with George, I estimated I was about 6 weeks and they said I was only measuring 4+5 (how they could measure the tiny bean was beyond me LOL). It was clotty but old blood which only got slightly pink. They found out the pain in my side was a cyst. I had to wait 2 weeks before they were able to detect a heartbeat. It was the longest 2 weeks of my life hun No I was sure because they said I wasn't as far on as I thought, that I'd lost him, but here he is now.

Sending positive vibes to you >>>>>>>> xxxx

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews