Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

kids school got bad Ofsted report...

candgsmumcandgsmum
posted 7 years 7 months ago
Charlotte and George's school had an Ofsted inspection in June and a letter along with the report was sent to us today. They've got a notice to improve as the foundation stage isn't upto scratch.

I'm not going to yank them out or anything because I think the kids have flourished there! They both got glowing school reports and I'm surprised they were so hard on nursery as George is there now and it seemed to be loads better than when Charlotte was there, when I did think it was slack! There's been a lot of staff absence due to 2 of the foundation teachers having maternity leave around the same time. George is going into Reception in September so it does concern me if the teaching isn't upto it, especially as George isn't as 'academic' as others his age and can be very quiet at school, but it also may mean that he gets more support if the school want to get a better report.

I just wondered what others would think or do if their childs school had a bad ofsted report?

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
posted 7 years 6 months ago
Hi hun, long time no see!! LOL
Well tbh i wouldnt worry too much. Although it isn't the best news in the world if your kids seem to be doing ok there then it could be worse. I mean you could take them out of that school and stick them in one with glowing ofsted reports and they do terribly! Alot of learning is about what suits each individual child and as long as you aren't concerned about either of them then that is all that matters. ps I can't believe george starts school in sept. So does Lolly!! Xx

anyuataanyuata
posted 7 years 6 months ago
wing ofsted reports and they do terribly! Alot of learning is about what suits each individual child and as long as you aren't concerned about either of them then that is all that matters. ps I can't believe george starts school in sept. So does Lolly!! Xx

candgsmumcandgsmum
posted 7 years 5 months ago
Ok, so Saturday I received a letter from school, very lovely colour pictures and a very confusing piece on the fact they were re-arranging the foundation stage due to the Ofsted report.

Today I get George to school and we were ushered into nursery. George looks up at me and asks why he isn't going to big school. (He started reception today). It turns out reception are being mixed in with nursery...beforehand reception has a seperate class room and were introduced into a school environment. Apparently other schools do mix reception and nursery, I just wondered if anyone here had their little ones with mixed foundation and if it helped or not?

I'm annoyed we were told last minute and not straight (even this morning no-one really gave us a straight answer). I can't see how they will progress if there are nursery kids running riot and they are trying to learn to write, read etc? Then again we've not had this explained, just that there is another classroom to be used as well, but we weren't shown or told by who!

Obviously they must be going on guidelines set out by ofsted (I hope anyway), but they just seem odd since the report set out the provision wasn't up to standard, surely throwing them back into nursery isn't going to get them ready for year 1?

jonusbjonusb
posted 7 years 4 months ago
Considering the

LucyLucy
posted 7 years 4 months ago
mine were both started in nursey/reception classes and they did fine, their Junior school was placed in special measures twice its doen so well since and is now one of the best schools in the county.

Their High school too had several bad ofsteads and has just come out of special measures for the 2nd time also and they have just got academy status, its doing really well so best not to worry.

Im sure that George will do well in nursery/reception and hell get the best out of it. Dont worry Thumbs Up

CamillaBKMCamillaBKM
posted 7 years 2 months ago
Although it's disappointing to hear this news, I think you're right to to be hasty and pull them out of the school.
They will have friends there which could be hard for them to leave if you move them from the school.
If you are happy that they are doing well, that is the most important thing. The school could have been having an off day, we all have them.
You can always do extra work with them at home if you're worried, but make it fun. Like reading books with them, creating games to help with sums etc.

Camilla

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews