Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Trying to concieve

LittlepetersLittlepeters
posted 8 years 2 months ago
HI Im Nikki and im 24, my husband and I have been trying to concieve since November and its getting pretty frustrating. I know that its only been 4 months but its so hard when you want a baby so much. I guess I am looking to maybe find some other girls around my age to chat with as most of my friends are already preggers (most started to try after me!!!) and the normal response I get from them is it will happen when your body is ready or when its right.....this can get frustrating to the point when it is strarting to effect the way I feel towards them as how can they know they concieved pretty much right away, no problems and would not know how it feels. Im on the 2 week wait at the moment period due on Saturday. I feel pretty much as I normally do before getting AF, if anything I dont have such sore boobs as normal and slight cramping for the past few days,nothing painful just noticable. On Saturday I could hardly keep my eyes open kept nearly falling asleep dispite having a good nights sleep which is unlike me just felt really lethargic...
Does anyone else feel like it will never haoppen....or maybe somethings wrong???
Hope to make some new friends who are in the same situation to me...

GTTkelGTTkel
Hi. Sorry to hear your frustrations over TTC. I have 3 children and have been one of the lucky ones who it happens for quickly but can sympathise with you as my best friend is the opposite to me. She has wanted children for longer than I have and still doesn't have any. She finds it hard every time someone she knows falls pregnant and so over the years we have had to be very sensitive to each other. Me to her for not yet having a child and her to me because she never wanted my pregnancies to cause her to resent me. But patronising and annoying as it may sound 4 months still is early days and although the wait is hard I wouldn't actually worry about it unless you are still not pregnant after a year or so of trying. It could be hormones settling down if you've come off the pill or just that the egg and sperm haven't quite connected at the right time of the month. Good luck though.

LynnPLynnP
Hi,

I have also been trying for 4 months and it is so frustrating. really upsetting at times. I am doing everything i should. ie cutting out caffiene, alcohol, good diet and using the ovulation predictor kit now but still nothing.

I made the mistake of telling everyone that i am trying so now everyone asks me constantly which is really annoying. i feel so much pressure to get pregnant quick. know exactly how you feel. xxx

ramos1985ramos1985
I have been trying for 2 years now and its really affecting my home life and work life. I've been to the doctors and am currently awaiting further tests. I assure you 4 months is not a long time and i know how it feels to want something so bad. Relax and enjoy it. i'd start to worry if its been over 18 months. good luck x

candgsmumcandgsmum
It took 11 months to fall on with my 2nd, and after having an unplanned the 1st time it seemed like forever No

For some it just happens easily and quickly, other, for some reason it doesn't.

It can begin to take over your life and the stress you put yourself under will affect you. I'd actually just given up worrying why I wasn't falling on straight away and thought 'oh well I've got one and I'm very lucky'. I put my efforts into losing weight and going to the gym to get in shape fpr my best friends wedding as I was her maid of honour, LO and behold I ended up pregnant! I had my 2nd just 2 1/2 weeks before I was bridesmaid LOL!

It took a relative of mine over 3 yrs to get pregnant and there was never any reason that it wasn't happening for them it was just one of those things.

Wishing you all good luck x

mummyb2mummyb2
Hi Nikki, im sarah almost 24 too Wave , myself and hubby already have a daughter 3.5years. We have been TTC no.2 for 2 and half years now, after suffering a m/c 2 years ago iv had now luck since, iv been through a number of tests and figured that im not ovulating, im now on clomid on cd35 waiting for AF to show to start my 2nd round. Crying

I know its easier said than done but try not to get disheartened just yet, most people concieve within a year.

Good luck hun and lots of baby dust to you. Hug

MMRMMR
posted 8 years 1 month ago
hello, I have been TTC for 9 months now and no luck. I am really stressed out because my mum, sister and about 5 cousins have endometriosis. I have no endo symptoms though but the thought of not falling pregnant is taking over my life.

everybody always says, its not happening because you stressed out about it, but how can I not be?

The weird thing is i have many pregnancy symptoms and people have actually asked me if I am pregnant and keeping it a secret.
I have the belly swelling (im a size 8) increased appetite, fatigue,cravings.
I no all about phantom pregnancies and i do think myself to be a strong enough person not to get that carried away.
Is their anybody out there who can relate to this?

denyr24denyr24
posted 8 years 1 month ago
Hi there,

I am on my third cycle now and am on the two week wait! Sad I am 32 and have a three and a half year old son, who was the best accident of my life! I so want to give him a sibling and don't want a bigger age gap than there already is. With my son being unplanned I hadn't realised the mental torture of trying to get pregnant. I feel envy when I see other pregnant women, but then get annoyed at myself as I should just be grateful I have my gorgeous son.
Denise

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews