Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

An extremely confusing situation!

drumemrguy10drumemrguy10
posted 8 years 2 months ago
As the title says, I've got a lot of confusion wit the situation I'm in.
I've been extremely close friends with this girl I've known since we were 3 and I've always had a major crush on her. I asked her out when I was 14 and she said she didn't want to ruin the friendship........that's fine, as I understood where she was coming from......but for the past year or so, she's been getting "friendlier" with me. She'll be getting really close to me and we'll end up cuddling while either chatting or watching a film. We even kissed a couple of months ago.

But what I want to know is, what should I do? I really want to ask her out because I really really like her, and she seems to be giving off the signals that she likes me back, but I'm thinking that she'll just give me the same answer as when I asked her out before.

And one more thing to note, is that whenever I have been going out with anyone else, she's always been on my mind, no matter how much I like the person I'm with. It's annoyingly confusing!

Any advice from anyone would be of great help Smile

jaymcjaymc
posted 8 years 1 month ago
Hi, I had a similar situation as a teen (I'm guessing you are a teen) and wasted years waiting round for some boy. I dont think that you will like what I say, but I hope it will save you from further heartbreak.

Sometimes people, keep someone around as it makes them feel good about themselves. Now I am not saying that she doesnt like you at all, but we all love attention and you are giving her it in abundance. You cant allow this girl to treat you like this.

You need to sit down and lay all your cards out on the table and if she doesnt want a relationship with you, then step back from your friendship for your own sake. Youre never going to move on if you are hanging around her in false hope.

And remember, there is someone out there who will feels exactly the same about you as you do about this girl and you deserve no less than that.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews