Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

2nd baby - being induced weds and nervous!!

EllieBEllieB
posted 1 decade 3 years ago

hi. I'm due to be induced with my 2nd baby on weds (my due date).. the thing is, even though its my 2nd, DD was born 2 weeks early, after a long but natural labour! Neutral

does anyone have any hints or tips to help me out?? Embarassed

casey27casey27
if ya wanna try and bring things on naturally then there are a few things that have been recommended such as pineapple, curries or spicey food, sex, long walks hot baths just to name a few. raspberry leaf tea is rumoured to help reduce labour times. relaxing is a good place to start. there are certain oils to put in the bath too. clary sage is one if them i think. i hope one of these gives you some joy. when i went overdue i started to worry about having to be induced but a stretch and sweep produced the result. is there any chance you could ask for one just to buy you a little time beforer they induce you? xxx

EllieBEllieB
i have treid and am still trying all of those things Embarassed

unfortunately i'm so desperate for this pregnancy to be over, that i will go ahead with the induction on wednesday!!

thanks for the advice tho!!

AvalonAvalon
Good luck on Wednesday.

Your a braver woman than me. I refused being induced.

Let us know how you get on.

Avalon
xxx

LadybugLadybug
hiya
I'm a newbie so feel a bit weird suggesting this....
BUT
y'know how they say that sex helps bring it on? It's cause it gets male hormones into ya (so i've heard...)
Well,, um... (it gets worse..)
Apparently it's better if the male hormones are ingested.. (and - NO - a male didn't suggest this to me LOL)
Um - best o luck with that one!!!!!
Lots of walking mite do the trick...
xxx

casey27casey27
your welcome. there is still time so dont give up yet! i really hope you get your wish and go it naturally. keep us posted. will be thinking of you and wish you the very best. the only other thing i can think off is to keep as active as possibe (easier said than done with a massive bump i know but it does help) have you got a gym ball. sitting on that helps the baby move into a better position. five pounds from argos. they are really comfy to sit on and bounce. worth a go x Smile

hipmommahipmomma
Walk, walk,walk..then walk some more..and some more...and just a little more for good measure!!

I was induced with my first. Good luck however it happens, let us know when you are home and well with little one xXx

EllieBEllieB
Aww, thanks ladies!! Very happy

have already had afriend on the phone suggesting i put off the induction - her question - would i prefer the extra pain, or a few more days waiting?? my reply - the extra pain!!
Embarassed

Just want it over with now!! will let you all know what happens!!!

kelkel
good luck for wednesday ellieb Kiss

bunnigirlbunnigirl
good luck for tomorrow babe u will be fine and u will have a baby before u no it my only advice is stay on ya feet as much as poss as gravity will speed things up babe
let us no about bubs asap babe
xxxx

sammie83sammie83

i agree with bunnigirl, stay on your feet as long as u can, i really does speed things up. i was in labour an they told me to walk around the hospital grounds for an hour or so an my girls was delivered after 2 pushes

good luck hun

GazelleGazelle
Hey EllieB! (Cool name...I'm an Ellie too!)

I was booked in for an induction 2 days before my due date but, like you, really wanted things to start naturally. The night my waters broke I had eaten a really spicy chilli........I'll never know if it was the chilli or not that got my LO on the move!

Good luck however it happens!!

xxx

imakeboysimakeboys
Choise your hospital right, and avoid cheltenham general and youll be fine hun xx

EllieBEllieB
unfortunately it is gonna be cheltenham general for me!

mind you, they were fab when i had DD, detected her heart condition and everything!!

thanks for the good wishes everyone!!

imakeboysimakeboys

EllieB said:
unfortunately it is gonna be cheltenham general for me!

mind you, they were fab when i had DD, detected her heart condition and everything!!

thanks for the good wishes everyone!!

Good luck hun, i have a few names to list off to you of who to avoid at all costs but im sure ill get into truble if i list them off.

Altho i can say the head of midwifery attended my home birth - so tell her sonia says hi LOL Very happy

But seriously good luck, and dont u dare let them force you into anything you do not want to do.
They have a tendency to do that.

xx

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews