Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

shall i have another??

EmmaLouuEmmaLouu
posted 8 years 2 months ago
I'm a 21yr old mom to 17month old Lexi.
My BF keeps talking about having another so the age gap isn't to big.
I really need advice!! How do you cope with a toddler and a new born,
what's it like being pregnant and having to run around after the other onee?
How can I ensure that Lexi doesn't resent the new baby?
Should I wait til Lexi is in nursury and ill have more time or is now the perfect time?
HELP!! x

shortie2shortie2
If it was me (i dont want anymore. I have a 19week old daughter), i'd wait till lexi is maybe 2 or just about to start at nursery. but thats just me though chick. Am sure lexi wont mind, maybe enjoy, have a baby brother or sister.

WelshMumWelshMum
There's 6 years between my eldest (13 next year) and middle child and 5 1/2 years between the middle one and the baby but only because different dad. I found it easier having the eldest in school (would have had middle one sooner but still would have left 'til eldest was in Nursery) as had all day with the baby and by the time she was sleeping in the evening had a few quality hours with the eldest after school up to his bedtime. A friend of mine had 3 one after the other practically, the 1st and 2nd have 13 months between them and the 3rd came along 15 months later, bit chaotic with 3 at home!!

It all depends on the child really, some will love having a sibling but others will find it a bit difficult- but as long as you can spend quality Mum time with both then go for it xxx

eamesy88eamesy88
- My blog
Hey my oldest is 3 and a half and my youngest is almost 7 months, we were trying for our youngest before we moved to a new flat, and she arrived 4 months beofre her older sister started playschool

bunnigirlbunnigirl
well i have 4 years between 1 and 2 and 20 months between 2 and 3 and 3 years between 3 and 4 and i think my 20 months is better bailey loved helping and mothering dominic and they seem to have a closer bond so i would say yeah go for it babe but it really up to u hunni
good luck

xxxx

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews