Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Very worried- Does anybody have advice?

stace35stace35
posted 8 years 10 months ago
Hi all

About 2 months ago i had a Lap & dye (where they put a camera in ur womb to check everything and inject dye into fallopian tubes to check there ok) My results came back fine. a couple of days after i had a bit of bleedin which i put down to the operation.....4 weeks later I had very sore boobs and did a pregnancy test and it came out positive. I couldnt beleive it so did another 5 tests just to check i wasnt seeing things! and they all came positive! So i booked in at the drs for a blood test and that also came back positive!! So I calculated my last day of period as a couple of days after the operation as this was the only sign of a period i had, meaning that im currently 8/9 weeks pregnant. But for the last couple of weeks i've been getting stomach pains they come and go and only last a few seconds but the dr referred me for an early scan. So i went for my scan yesterday and the baby is looking to be only 6 weeks, obviously with my dates thats not a good sign. so they did blood tests yesterday and im having more tomorrow to measure my hormones and to check there increasing. I rang for the first lot of results today and i had a high hcg level which they said with a level like that, they would expect to see more than what they did on the ultrasound but that hcg levels have very broad figures so they cant say for definite. Im back at the hospital for second lot of blood tests which i will get the results on saturday. So until then its a waiting game Im going out of my mind with worry whilst also trying to stay positive! If i have got my dates mixed up it would mean that when i did the pregnancy test i was only 2 weeks...Can they detect this early? I thought not I was so sure everything would be fine as ive had no bleeding and have morning sickness etc. Has anyone else experienced this? Please help! xxx

WelshMumWelshMum
Hi there and congratulations!

I would agree with the docs on the hcg levels there as they can be quite broad and a test can pick up a level as low as 6 I think so if your hcg levels are high then you were probably producing them very early on- with the tests I'd done with my 1st and 3rd baby my levels were low and had a faint positive after a week late on 1st baby.

I don't know the ins and outs of hcg levels but I wouldn't worry about it, and the pains (as long as they don't get severe) are normal too. Hug

Lou xxx

stace35stace35
I miscarried saturday Sad

WelshMumWelshMum
So sorry to hear that Hug

Lou x

shortie2shortie2
am very sorry Crying

christyc2010christyc2010