Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

My experience with breastfeeding in public

clare2008clare2008
posted 8 years 1 month ago
I feed my littlin all the time in public....restaurants...shops etc...havent done it in church yet mind you!LOL

The way I look at it baby needs feed so I have to feed her...tough luck if anyone is offened...it isnt like Im popping the boob out on the table I try to do it discretely...but sometimes its easier than others.

Luckily Im not too self conscious!LOL

I have bought couple of nursing tops from Bad!
These double layered shirt/top helps as my back and tummy is covered while breastfeeding .

Good luck and be proud!

WelshMumWelshMum
posted 8 years 1 month ago
Hi Clare,

Nice to meet you- I'm Louise, mum to James, Gemma and Jessica (who is 28 weeks old and being BF too).

I used to be really self-conscious about nursing in public even tho I'm not breaking any law I really used to worry about any potential negativity from people around me, after Jess turned 5 months I thought that I really should stop being so concerned as like you say it wasn't like I was putting my boobs on the table! I'm a lot more carefree now!

Did you see the breastfeeding-in-public storyline on Emmerdale recently? I don't usually watch it but my mother-in-law told me about it so I caught up on ITV player, very interesting!

Lou x

milkymummilkymum
posted 8 years 4 weeks ago
Yeah to you both. Iused ot BF EJ and LC and even after they turned 6 months I still BF them in public. I had a really bad expereicne with my LC when she was only 2 days old but that didn't put me off. Both LC and EJ refused bottles so I couldn't express milk and give them a bottle when out for convenience of others. Istarted a thread in Entertainment about the emmerdale story-line. I have even emailed the complaints department and told them that I hope the stroy line is goingot cover the fact that what Viv did is against the law and that Nicola takes legal action against Viv. I understand why they have done this story line but they need to show actions that nursing mums can take in this situation. But then Nicla is one fisty mother who is taking actions her own way and isn't standing for being told where and when she can nurse her baby.

Keep the BFing up in public ladies you have all the rights in the world to give your baby the most natural milk in the world

MelanieFMelanieF
posted 8 years 1 week ago
Well done ladies!!! One of the prime reasons we have such poor BF rates in this country is because people aren't used to seeing babies being fed the traditional way!!!!!

Mel

WelshMumWelshMum
posted 8 years 1 week ago
Very true- gonna do it anywhere I have to now!

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews