Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

Annoying inbetweeny stage

EmzEmz
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
Hi everyone,

I finding myself getting so impatient waiting for my bump to appear Wink My stomach is definetly bigger but no defined bump yet, thing is all my clothes are now very snug and not very comfortable. But all the maternity gear Ive tried on is designed for big bumps. There's no 'inbetweeny' stuff. Everyone I mention it to says 'oh you'll soon be complaining when your massive' Very happy

Also, had my 12 week scan and everything was great! Little bubs was dancing all over the place it was so amazing! Hope this pic shows up...

candgsmumcandgsmum
I hated that in between stage, I ended up wearing jogging bottoms with Charlotte.

I had to wear maternity stuff after 8 weeks with George I was huge!!!

EmzEmz
I wear jogging bottoms in the house, its hard trying to find something smart for work though Confused

ALso, a lot of maternity trousers and skirts have these adjustable button elastic thingys on the sides which just dont work. The idea is to adjust them tighter to start with then let them out, but when you pull the button to make them smaller it makes big bunches of fabric at the sides which looks daft Wink

miarubymiaruby
- My blog
I hated that stage I just felt like i looked fat! its so annoying i think i just wore jogging bottoms or elasticated band trousers they seemed to work for me!

Bless ya scan pic soo cute! Kiss

candgsmumcandgsmum
I know it's so annoying! I ended pulling them right up and wearing baggy tops/shirts so that it hid as much of the material as poss! Unfortunately you look like you are a bit of a frump but I suppose its better than buttons being undone.

What about this for your work trousers until you get big enough for proper maternity trousers? http://www.perfectlyhappypeople.co.uk/prodinfo.asp?number=BM100

bunnigirlbunnigirl
i hated that inbetweeny stage too its horrible isnt it but being a big lady i never had a problem with clothes as bubs hid and mine still seemed to fit but good luck finding some babe
cute scan pic it showed up great didnt it
xxx

hipmommahipmomma
theres this thing you can buy,i had one and it was fantastic, i think it was called a bump belt..something like that anyway. it attactes to the buttons of existing bottoms and there is a fabric piece that covers the opening. It just looks like the stretchy bits you get at the front on mat clothes, but means you can wear yours for with any luck the whole pregnancy. i used to wear tunic tops to cover it anyway!

AvalonAvalon
What I did was went down to s smaller size in maternity clothes. I was a 14 and got a few bottoms in size 12 they worked for me. Good luck.

Avalon

EmzEmz
Thanks everyone, I might look into that belt thingy.

adamsmumadamsmum
Hi Emz, I used to wear jogging bottoms but for work I guess you could buy skirts with elastic in them? For daytime wear or even work, (depends on how casual you can be) the new smock dresses are amazing! I just bought a whole load of them with leggings and accesories to make me feel pretty. The smocks are so comfy and easy to wear and the leggings are really comfy. You can get away with leaving the leggings below your bump, due to the baggy style smock and let yourself be free, nothing to poke or make you uncomfortable. Just a suggestion. Hope this helps in someway, love becs xxxxx Wink

rustierustie
i agree with adamsmum, i've loved with pregnant this time around for clothes as there are so many smock tops and leggings. i'm 16 weeks and although i've got a little bump i could still pass for very bloated, i hate this in-between bit too.

EmzEmz
Ive just bought some leggings today! haven't worn these since I was a kid Very happy Everyone has been telling me that I couldn't have picked a better time fashion wise with all the floaty stuff around. Of course that was my main motivation Wink Wink

babybump-2k7babybump-2k7
Hi,
i was like that to in my first trimester, got sooo jealous of people with bumps, but im 21weeks nhow and can officialy say ppl look at me and think shes pregnant-thats wat i wanted hehe...cant wait to get even bigger- gone from a size 8 to size 12 already!!xxxxxx

CathyGCathyG
i found maternity clothes in general are horrid. Jeans are a total nightmare, i ended up having to wear braces with mine as they just would not stay up. For work i bought some Next black trousers (that had elastic sides) these were defo my best buy. other than that, jogging bottoms/leggings & big baggy tops i'm afraid. No wonder years ago, people wore dungerees & dresses. Teeth

EmzEmz
Ive already bought some maternity gear but Im not quite big enough to fill them out. So far Ive found New Look's Bloom range to be thes best for choice and value. Other shops stuff is so boring and unflattering. Dorothy perkins isnt too bad.

alis378alis378
Fashion wise this year should be great for expectant mums with leggings and long tops being the "in" thing. Absolutely great for my post 3 year baby bulge which I am still carrying Crying

BedheadBedhead
Mothercare do some early-term maternity trousers which are bigger than normal clothes but don't have as much bump space as normal maternity clothes. They aren't particulary cheap but I found that they were just the thing for after the birth before I could get back in normal clothes as well. I also got a lot of wear out of a pair of cheap combats with a drawstring waist in a size biger than normal.

boosmummyboosmummy
Awwww, look at your little baby Very happy When i was pregnant with my eldest who is nearly 3 i couldn't fit into pregnancy clothes until 5mths then i went huge within 6wks! 2nd time around with our second son i went into maternity clothes at 3.5mths. Otherwise i just wore jogging trousers and bought some extender buttons for my jeans from Betterware!!

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews