Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

I'm new to this Forum. Please answer my posts!

xxpinkyxxxxpinkyxx
posted 8 years 2 months ago
Bit of background.
I'm 22, and have a Daughter of 17 Months.
Me and my OH ( Other half ) are currently trying for another baby.
My Period was on the 11th of Aug, and again on the 10th of Sep.
i THINK ( don't qoute me ), that i ovulated on the 22/23rd of SEP. Me and Oh BD ( Sex ), on the 18th/19th & 20th. Thenm again on the 23rd and 26th.
I've done two pregnancy tests this month, one on the 1st of AUG, and the second one on the 3RD ( today ), both came up as bfn! ( Big Fat Neg's ).
So, my question is..
Could i have gtested too early? Should i was a few more days?
the reason i'm asking is i find it really hard in the 2WW! And i know i'm not the only one! LOL.
Some input would be good please ladies!

Baby Dust to Everyone TTC!

milkymummilkymum
Huge hugs and the 2 week wait is a nightmare and seems so long and as if it is never going to end. You can do early responce tests up-to 7 days beofre AF is due but I woul dsay to wait until the day AF is due or up to 7 days after AF was due especially if you are certain of the lenght of your cycle. Good luck and I hope you get the result you want

xxpinkyxxxxpinkyxx
i've got the early test ones from Superdrug. Up2 4 days early. They are supposed to be 10imu , or something like that! i really want to wait to see if Aunt Flo turnes up, don't don't know if i can!
I'm just loosing all hope. i keep going over my OV dates, and then going on them stupid websites that tell you when you will be ovulating, and now im just getting all confused! one website tells you one thing, and another a diff! ARGH. I just want to be Pregnant! =[.

milkymummilkymum
All I can say is about that is just have loads of adult time dueing the 10-16 day period of your cycle and try to make sure that is not th eonly reason you are having adult time as the more you want to be pregnant the less likely you are to be pregnant. Well at least that is my personal experience and seems to be the way with a load of my IRLF's at the moment that are trying for anohter baby and the ones that are yeah it woul dbe nice to have anothe rbaby we will see what happens are conceiving first or second time around which is very strange

xxpinkyxxxxpinkyxx
Well this is my 2nd time in trying to concieve.
Trouble is, my OH is always tired when he comes in from work. It's a hour drive there and back, too and from work. He works his butt off, then knackered himself out!
Don't get me wrong, i LOVE him to bits. My daughter and my OH are all i need. Would just be perfect to have another baby, a little Bro or Sis for my daughter! I'm really going to try to hold out untill Wednesday, and maybe go to the family planning clinic for a blood test, or urin test? IF i was to get a blood test, would it be accurate from Wednesday the 7th?
Thank you for your oppinions BTW!

WelshMumWelshMum
Hi there, I'm Louise. I completely know where you are coming from there with your partner's work life- my fiance's daily travel and stressful job made it hard for us to get quality baby-making time together but we eventually got there and now have little Jessica!

With regard to your ovulation query- I can usually guess when I'm at that point as I have a pain in which ever side the egg's coming from, but I also used a basal body temperature chart from Boots which made our timing more accurate. Within 3 months we were expecting.

Don't give up if you're not successful this time, sending lots of baby vibes your way Baby Baby Baby Hug

Lou xxx

milkymummilkymum
It is a bigger mightmare when OHs have to work so hard that they are tired. Have as much baby-making time as possible and before you know it you will be expecting. Deep down I would love ot be in that way again but I just don't have the energy at th emoemtn to even think about trying again. I need ot be fully ready emotional, mental and physical and for some-reason that is taking so much longer this time around. I guess the seed will implant when it is ready but happy baby making

xxpinkyxxxxpinkyxx

WelshMum said:
Hi there, I'm Louise. I completely know where you are coming from there with your partner's work life- my fiance's daily travel and stressful job made it hard for us to get quality baby-making time together but we eventually got there and now have little Jessica!

With regard to your ovulation query- I can usually guess when I'm at that point as I have a pain in which ever side the egg's coming from, but I also used a basal body temperature chart from Boots which made our timing more accurate. Within 3 months we were expecting.

Don't give up if you're not successful this time, sending lots of baby vibes your way Baby Baby Baby Hug

Lou xxx

I had pain from my left side on the 22nd and 23rd. We had " Adult time " on the 23rd. It just thhrew me off as i thought you ovulated 14 days be4 your pereiod is due. :s. I've done a First Responce test today, Well, thisafternoon, and it was a bfn! I'm so gutted. =[.

WelshMumWelshMum

xxpinkyxx said:

WelshMum said:

Lou xxx

I had pain from my left side on the 22nd and 23rd. We had " Adult time " on the 23rd. It just thhrew me off as i thought you ovulated 14 days be4 your pereiod is due. :s. I've done a First Responce test today, Well, thisafternoon, and it was a bfn! I'm so gutted. =[.

Sorry to hear that, keep trying though- I really would recommend that basal body temperature kit though as I always relied on the pain but it's not always 14 days. I have a regular 28 day cycle and I found that I would occasionally be out by a day or 2 on the BBT chart... it's much more accurate. Your egg is only fertilisable for up to 24 hours from release and you could have missed the time frame if you ovulated on the 22nd. Hug

milkymummilkymum
Huge hugs I have been googling the basal body chart an dit looks brilliant. I'm going ot look into purchasing one when I next feel 100% certain I am ready to start TTCing again. Hubbie wants another baby but I'm just just 100% ready yet but when I am I will be certain ot post as it will be a long process for us too with hubbie having a low count. Fingers crossed month is th emonth for you and will be keeping my eye out for results and when it happens I will be so happy for you

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews