Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

advice about my daughter

BedheadBedhead
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
I think noababy might be right. It would be a slow process but if you move the matress a bit further away every night she would slowly get used to being on her own (hopefully!) Maye have a look at www.babysleepanswers.co.uk if you download the book (£5) you get access to personalised support from the author who is really, really helpful, see what you think.

sammie83sammie83

noababy said:

sammie83 said:

Tam said:
Oh Sammi, my mum can totally understand how you feel, she made the mistake of taking me into her bed every night when i was a baby and i refused to sleep in my own bed until I was 5... You need to make your DD sleep in her own bed or ot will only get worse, I still remember my mum screaming and shouting at me to go to my own bed when I was about 3 and all I could think was why is she angry with me, her bed is where is sleep. I wouldnt want any other child to go through those feelings. Please try to get her out of it for her sake as much as yours.

Big hugs and kisses.

Tammy x x x x

tnx tam, im still working on it but, not gettin anywhere at the moment
ithink was i will do is put her bed in my room and get her used to sleepin in her own bed then move it once she is used to it

wish me luck Very happy

Please don't put her bed into your room-you are just asking for more trouble. (another think , stage to go through with her) Have hubby sleep in your bed with baby in your room, and you move in to daughter's room but get your own mattress. A few nights of sleeping in her own bed but seeing you are nearby may help.

its funny u sayin that, i am at my moms and was talkin to her about it. i told her wat my plans were an she said exactly the same, that i should move the LO into my room and start puttin ellie in her own room

so i will try that
my mom has had 8 kids so i take her advice

wish me luck.......again Very happy

alis378alis378
HI Sammie
Hope you can find a compromise that works for you all.
Kiss
x

TamTam
Good luck sweetie, I hope it works. Let us know how it goes!

Love Tam x x x

noababynoababy
It's so nice to hear that you are so open to taking advice from your mum. I find it so hard to do that-Combo of me being a tough stubborn personality and not liking quite a few things about my mums personality and behaviour I guess. Sad Face

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews