Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Mother charged for saying goodbye for too long

eamesy88eamesy88
posted 8 years 4 months ago
- My blog
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20090804/tuk-mum-fi...dbye-6323e80.html

milkymummilkymum
OMG this is outragers. Why should we be charged for sayin ggoodbye to our children especially in casers like this. She only was able to have a short 5 wk life with her baby what else was there to do. What until after the baby had gone through the curtains and spen hours with the babies ashers. So sad. RIP little one and hugs to the greiving family

WkdblueWkdblue
While I think the very idea of charing anyone for taking too long to say goodbye to their child is sick, it must be pointed out that her local council do this to all funerals funning late, not just to that one and that they immediately reimbursed the charges when it was brought to their attention.

WE used ot have something similar in that the nearest Crematorium was at the other side of the River Clyde to us and we had to pay a toll to cross the bridge to get to it. Eveyone was charged apart from disabled drivers, this included herses and corteges. The guys that used to collect he tolls hated stopping the herses and a lot of the time would just let them through aand charge the first car in the cortege double. I was tempted at my grans funeral to get the herse driver to hand over her disabled badge just to see the look on their faces, afterall she was travelling in the car and should have got across for nothing with her blue badge!

Thankfully they have now scrapped the tolls and this horrible practice has stopped.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews