Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Which hand sanitiser?

AlphabetaAlphabeta
posted 8 years 4 months ago
Hi all,

With everything that has been happening recently, I thought I might start buying one of the hand sanitisers available on the market to use on me and the kids. Was wondering if you could give me some advice?

What brands do you all use? What made you buy them? Also, I've heard that 100% natural, alcohol free ones are the way to go? Is that right?

Thanks in advance...

SamuelSamuel
I don't see the point in them personally, by the time you use them bacteria is on more than just your hands and on the actual bottle, plus it offers no protection from c-diff. Old fashioned soap and water is the best way to keep your hands clean.

milkymummilkymum
I havr to use hand-sanitiser with my LC as she is a compulsive hand-washer and this has in past led to her having cracked, dry and bleeding hands. I use a natural one that I buy from holland and barretts it is tea-tree oil so it also helps with the healing process of the damage that has been coursed due to the compulsive hand-washing which is a side-effect of ADD

WkdblueWkdblue
As someone who works for the NHS and has to use these things day in day out, can I just add that they are as close to useless unless you use them following correct handwashing procedure. Just buying one and slapping it on yours and the kids manky mits will do nothing exept leave your hands smelling nice. It won't clean them.

As has been pointed out, good handwashing procedue with an anti bacterial soap and hot water is the way to go.

Also, a word of warning, if you really do have to buy one to use on your kids, then make sure it is alcohol free. Kids are notorious for sticking hands in mouths and I have seen kids slightly tipsy from hand sanitizers just from using them and sticking hands to mouth! A baby with a hangover is not nice LOL

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews