Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

MRA Scan!!!!!!!!

AlexAlex Moderator
posted 8 years 11 months ago
Joseph has an appointment on Tuesday morning for an MRA scan for his narrow airway. Sad

He has to fast 3 hours before the procedure in case they have to sedate him. I really don't know how he is going to cope with the noise and going into the 'tummel' Sad

jo-jojo-jo
Hug To Joseph and you Alex,i hope it all goes well and its not to uncomfortable for Joseph.

SamuelSamuel
You can have open scans where there is no tunnel and the noise is far less as well

candgsmumcandgsmum
Best of luck to you and Joseph. Flower

Is an MRA like a MRI?

Hope everything goes well and it doesn't upset him too much Hug

AlexAlex Moderator

candgsmum said:
Best of luck to you and Joseph. Flower

Is an MRA like a MRI?

Hope everything goes well and it doesn't upset him too much Hug

Yes but is looks more closely at blood vessels

Samuel I know you can get open scans now but Aberdeen sick children's hospitla don't have that scanner, it is a tunnel one they have,

milkymummilkymum
Hi Alex just wanted to offer some hugs to you and Samuel. I know how scarey they are from the mother's side a my ED has had MRI nad MRA scan's every year since she was 10 month's old. She has never been awake for her;s yet though. Hope the scan goes well and they can give you the answer's and help you and Samuel need

AlexAlex Moderator
I had to phone and cancel the appointment as Joseph is full of the cold. It was only when I phoned that I was told he was having a general and not being sedated like I thought. Got to wait for another appointment now.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews