Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

Spotting in early pregnancy?

casey27casey27
posted 1 decade 2 years ago
hope everything is ok hon x

miarubymiaruby
- My blog
good luck hun, hope everything goes ok for ya! Kiss

bunnigirlbunnigirl
hey hun hope everything works out for u babe
xxx

adamsmumadamsmum
Thanks everyone for all your kind wishes, I'll keep you posted. Kiss love becs xxxxx

hipmommahipmomma
Got everything crossed for ya hun xXx

candgsmumcandgsmum
Hey hun don't worry about the mw she obviously was totally confused, you know what you're on about.

I had constipation and trapped wind from the start with George which was unusual for me too.

Good luck hun, if you want to chat just drop me a PM. xx

miniminogueminiminogue
posted 8 years 10 months ago
Here is my journal of the last 2 week and half of my spotting. Spotting Journal

Week one
17th Oct – 01:30 5w+4
First signs of spotting, this was a mixed of pink almost watered down blood and light brown blood. I proceeded to call the out of hours Maternity unit at James Cook Hospital, were I was booked in for the 1st Nov. For 8 week scan.
18th Oct – all day 5w+5
Wiped after urinating with a mixed of very little show to a moderate brown blood when wiping only.
19th Oct – 13:00 5w+6
Discovered beige discharge in underwear. No show of brown blood.
20th Oct 6w
More showing of brown blood still have tender breasts only in the morning, feeling somewhat nauseas or is it anxiety? Call JC Maternity unit again and they advised me that there is nothing they can do until 1/11/10
21st Oct 6w+1
Not an awful lot of spotting today thinking that this maybe the end of it!
22nd Oct – 17:30 6w+2
Away from home on my own and discovered lots of red spotting what can only be described as mucus, which is thin and stingy. Panicked, after a dozen wipes no more signs. Thinking I’m miscarrying. No more showing apart from a bit of dark brown blood.
23rd Oct – all day 6w+3
Bed rest all day today only got up for toilet and sandwich drank lots and lots of water. Had the on off dark brown spotting today. Feel like I am going to start my period.
24th Oct – all day 6w+4
A bit more dark brown spotting and again feel like I’m going to start my period. Felt nauseas this afternoon but only for an hour. This morning woke up with tender breasts. Evening 21:30 showing a bit of red blood had a little bit of mild abdomen pain about an hour before show!!

Week Two
25th Oct - 6w+5
Morning- has slight brown bleeding today, then this afternoon a larger amount only when I wiped. About 8pm this evening I’ve been having intermittent cramps not too severe but enough to notice ever single one of them. Bedtime and they started to get a little bit more uncomfortable, woke up at 5am by intense cramping.
26th Oct - 6w+6
Cont.. ..5am went to the toilet and discovered bright red blood and a small clot in the bowl (about the size of a 5 pence piece). Off to A&E. Eventually through to the maternity unit, had an internal inspection, where midwife informed me my cervix is still closed. But can’t determined where or why I’m bleeding like I am, I was given painkillers and sent on my way. Bed resting but still having cramps. Today is a day I wouldn’t wish for my worst enemy and hopefully want experience again. Cramps have got progressively worse. Cramps are every 3-8 mins, a lot of bleeding, that bad that I cry when they happen.

27th Oct. – 7w
Cramps have eased off slightly, having milder cramps today. Produced an unidentifiable thick blood clot with some grey matter (tissue) in it. Called maternity assessment unit and they advised me to take it down for examination. They confirmed what I already knew. Miscarrying, after a distressing week there is some conclusion to my worrying few days, about not know exactly what was going on.
28th Oct - miscarrying
Cramps aren’t as often, even though they did get a little worse this evening. Continuing to bleed heavy and passing smaller blood clots. Expecting this to be like this for the next week or so.

I HOPE THAT MY EXPERIENCE CAN HELP OTHERS (even though I am aware that its not like this for everyone, and those have a successful pregnancy).
When I’m healthy and strong enough we will start again. ***POSITIVITY***

Kimmi15Kimmi15
posted 8 years 2 weeks ago
Really sorry to hear that Miniminogue. I can't imagine the heartache you've gone through, wish you all the best for when you start trying again.

I am a little worried at the moment because me & my BF have been trying for a little while (but probably not as long as most). Yesterday I woke up feeling sick & was feeling pretty rough all day headache, sick etc. Then in the evening I started to experience some very light pinkish blood only when I wiped. It was the same this morning up till about 11am & then it started to get a bit heavier & redder. I constantly feel sick but don't have any pain. I did a test about 3 weeks ago because I hadn't had a period since 24th June but it was negative. I'm really worried to test again because I know how disappointed my BF will be if I have to tell him it was negative & we've missed another chance, cos now I'm on my period. Do people think this sounds like normal spotting or am I just "coming on" and we'll just have to keep trying. Thanks

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews