Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Spotting in early pregnancy?

adamsmumadamsmum
posted 1 decade 1 year ago
Hi, I am new on here, just joined yesterday. I am having a bit of a problem. I woke up this morning, went to the loo and had a drop of brown blood on the toilet and in my wee. I was really worried so phoned my local 'bleeding in early pregnancy' suite and went down for a check up. I am only about 2 weeks pregnant so from what I have read, baby is only 2 millimetres long (tiny weeny). I had an internal scan and the sonographer said she couldn't see anything. She asked which test I had done, it was a pack of two and they were BOTH positive and I did them on different days. The midwives told me that clearblue is the best one to do as it ONLY picks up the hcg hormone. Anyway, I had some blood taken, the midwives said it would be checked for pregnancy hormone and I should call back on Monday. They said the lining of my womb was very thin for a pregnancy, but it would be at only 2 weeks anyway wouldn't it???? I went to buy a clearblue test and did it immediately when I got home and I am so pleased IT IS POSITIVE!!!!
Anyway, in the hospital they said there is a small chance it could be an ectopic pregnancy but I doubt this as I would be in severe pain wouldn't I?? I really really hope to God this is not the case.
SO, the spotting has stopped but I have still got this dull ache in my back, to the left, like mild period pain. I have heard that a lot of women bleed through their pregnancy and have cramps, but my bleeding was only spotting and was brown. Am I worrying over nothing here????? I also have a weird pain from my thigh right down to my shin, this could be just coincidental.
I have a 3 year old son and had nothing like this with that pregnancy. Please could anyone help me? Any words of wisdom or advice, anyone had this problem?
Thanks, Becs xxxxx

kelkel
i would go to my GP and get them to do a test.
my mum had bleedin through 1 of her pregnancies, even when she was 8 months gone. even the tests were negative, her GP asked her to test at eight months gone and it was still negative its probaby nothing to worry about sweetie but get the test done by u'r GP aswell and see what he/she says.
GOOD LUCK SWEETHEART!!! Hug

adamsmumadamsmum
Hi Kel,
thanks for your reply. I will do that. I need to phone back the hospital on Monday and see what they say, until then I have the weekend to try and get by without worrying. Thanks again, love Becs xxxxx Kiss

alis378alis378
Hi Becs

It could just be that it is implant bleeding. I havent had it before but I have heard of mums who have. I think that as long as your Clearblue is coming up pos then all should be ok, but as Kel says it is worth going to your gp to get checked.

Sometimes your local pharmacy can offer a pg test too at a reduced rate. Maybe your one does too??

Hope all is okay today.
Hug

casey27casey27
whatever you do dont panic hon. bleeding is perfectly normal with some people. i bled for two weeks i didnt know i was pregnant i just thought i got my period. if i had known i woul have been as worried as you sound but everything turned out perfectly fine. the best thing you can do is stay calm and go and get yourself checked over. if your only two weeks then its gonna be difficult for doctors to see anything so dont be alarmed if they cant.it doesnt nessecarily mean something is wrong x

adamsmumadamsmum
hi everyone, thanks for replying, it really eased my mind. The good news is, today the spotting is only very slight, I haven't got any pain and am feeling a lot better. I didn't sleep to well with worry but I know that can't be good for either of us so am planning to relax this weekend. I will let you know what happens at the hospital on Monday. Thanks for your support, I'm so glad I found this site. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Love

candgsmumcandgsmum
I had spotting at five weeks, I went to my local EPU for a scan but George was so early on he didn't have a heartbeat at that point, I went back at seven weeks and everything was fine.

They put down my spotting to a bruise in my womb that could have been from implantation that seemed show up on the scan at five weeks.

I had gone to A&E at a hospital nearer to us and they were concerned I was having an ectopic so don't worry too much as they got it wrong with me.

Fingers crossed for you hun xx Hug

adamsmumadamsmum
Wow, thanks candgsmum! I am so pleased to hear everything went well for you, I am feeling a lot more positive. Your experience is very similar to mine so I am really feeling much better. Thank you for replying xxxxxxxxxx Kiss

chezchez
i wouldnt worry hunny i had brown spotting with all 3 of mine and was told its a show i thought you could only have a show at late stages of pregnancy but the midwife said you can have them at the start aswell its diffrent with every pregnancy and person Smile

bunnigirlbunnigirl
i had bleeding at 7 weeks with my son and it was lots more than spotting but i had a scan and there he was fine and everything and now he is 13 months old
dont worry hunni cos worrying can ,ake it worse and the back ache i had my normal monthly period pains all the way through all of my pregnancies and so did my mum so try not to worry about that to hun
good luck babe
xxxx

adamsmumadamsmum
Hi chez and bunnygirl, thank you so much for your replies. I feel a lot better today, I'm glad other people have had similar problems as me and have come through it fine! I am really happy for you guys!
The spotting has gone, I have got a bit of tummy ache (trapped wind) as I am quite constipated (sorry). I want to get to monday now, and know for sure that everything is ok!
Thanks again, love Becs xxxxx Kiss Clapping

bunnigirlbunnigirl
well i hope everything goes ur way on monday hunni and that all is fine
keep us posted ok babe
take care
xxx

adamsmumadamsmum
Thanks very much, fingers crossed for me pleeease.
I will let you know on Monday. Take care too xxxxx Smile

sammie83sammie83
i was spotting with my first, at 5weeks gone, i went to the hossie and i had an internal scan. an they told me i was havin twins Scared anyway they said it was implantation that was causin the spotting. i went on spotting half way thru my pregnancy.
let u know how u get on tomoz
good luck Thumbs Up

candgsmumcandgsmum
Hi there, glad to hear you are feeling more confident and less stressed about the situation. Smile

Keep us posted on how you are on Monday. I know when I went to my local EPU there were so many women there in the same situation and the nurses and sonographers were fantastic support too.

xx

kelkel
good luck for tomorrow hunnie, i'll be thinking bout u. got everything crossed for u! Hug

adamsmumadamsmum
Hi, thank you all so much for your replies and support. At en emotional time it is great to know I have lovely women behind me, helping me along the way. The spotting has still stopped, no pain (apart from trapped wind) which is really weird as I don't usually suffer from it. Thanks for thinking of me and keeping everything crossed. Kiss
Twins would be lovely (sammie), but if God blesses us with just the one healthy baby in this pregnancy we will be soo happy. Although twins do run in my partner's family Razz
I really do think it was just implantation spotting as it hasn't made another appearance since and I am only around 2 weeks, so it's on time.
Thanks again and I'll keep you posted. Take care everyone Love

adamsmumadamsmum
Hi everyone, I just called the hospital. They said for 4 weeks pregnancy the hoemone level should be between 500-2000 or sumthin like that. I know that there is no way I am 4 weeks, I am 2 weeks at the max, it's very early stages! She said on the phone 'now you did this test a month ago', where the hell she got that from I don't know. I did the test one week before I had the spotting and I told her that!
So she said my count was 197 and that means with either i am very early or that this pregnancy will not get off the ground and will come away. I know that I am very early so I am not too worried.
I am going back for more blood taken tomorrow to be checked to see ig the hormone level is rising. I am soo annoyed at how insensitive and abrupt the midwife was on the ohone, like me feelings didn't matter.
Anyway, fingers crossed for me. I have no pain and no spotting so I am putting it down to implantation spotting and hormone level is coz im still early.
Let you know tomorra, gota shoot off to work. Kiss Bye for now xxxxx

kelkel
i hope this all works out for u hun
let us knw how u'r doing.
Love

AvalonAvalon
I'll be thinking of you. Hope all goes well.

Avalon
xxx Hug

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews