Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

young mums

hipmommahipmomma
posted 1 decade 4 years ago
See, now, I'd give my two penneth..but as this thread is going round in circles I don;t think I'll bother! lol

Age is irrelevant (thats my concise version!)

Very happy

catgirl_872catgirl_872
well i would say im a young mum at 20 and i look it,but everyone looks up to me cus they are amazed on how well i am copin i have had no problems i looked after kieran for 8 months from birth then went to college and cleaned as all house wifes do workin or not.
kieran is such a good boy,he always slept right through the night from birth still does but he use to sleep in our bed he hated the cot so when he turned one we bought him a little car bed and he loves it,its so good he can sleep on his own.the only times i ever had him cryin bad was if his teeth hurtin or he had a cold but u cant blame a baby for that,i am just hopin our next baby is just like him Smile
oh yea young parents are more fun for babys i think,me and rich are always playful and thats why our baby is so happy cus we never fight and are more chilled back.
xxx Very happy

miarubymiaruby
- My blog
i totally agree with you Hun, i find i am able to play and mess around with Mia, she has always been a good baby and my auntie, who is 31 has a 3 year old Lil boy and she looks at me and says what a wonderful mother i am, because she struggles alot with her LO. but its not age that makes it like this, i just think some people are cut out to be mothers and some are not! we are trying for our second baby hoping that things will be just as good as this time round, and i don't care if people think i am stupid for having another so young! i am nearly 21 tho! Very happy
xxx

katiehkatieh
Last edited by katieh 1 decade 4 years ago
hi

i was 15 when i had my eldest and i found that alot of people looked down their noses at me. but now im older i dont get as many funny looks as i used to. i get the odd comment from old ladies who notice im not wearing a wedding ring and they tell me you shouldnt have children out of marriage Shocked

catgirl_872catgirl_872
u dont have to be married to have kids,i bet theres hardly anyone these days that wait to have kids after gettin married lol just all the old ppl lol plus i look up to single mums too they are amazin Very happy xxx

orc30orc30
My wife had her first at 19, before I met her. She said that she felt like the hospital staff, doctors and mid-wives looked down on her because of her age.

I think it was more likely pity because she was having a baby so young, and at the same time was going to be a single mum living at home with her dad and brother.

The one thing that seems to have come from that is the problems that we are now having. She never had those late teen years to go partying or really discover herself. She is trying to do this now and pushing me away with it.

I on the other hand had left home to go to university (I met her while at Uni) and done a lot more with my life before settling down. I am only two years older than her, and we have had the same number of partners previously, third time lucky for both of us.

Having kids early means that you have more time later in life to enjoy the good things. However, I also believe that some things are best done young and children coming along a bit later means that you get some "you" time before they arrive, I missed this with my wife and the first chance we really had was our honeymoon two years ago.

I also think that having children at young age, particularly at the moment, is extra difficult with house prices the way they are it can be impossible to buy a suitable place, and rent goes up as well.

The one thing I would like to close this with is that age does not define how good a parent you are or will be. At 19 my wife was a better parent than many much older than her, and committed to doing the best she could for her child.

miarubymiaruby
- My blog
"The one thing I would like to close this with is that age does not define how good a parent you are or will be. At 19 my wife was a better parent than many much older than her, and committed to doing the best she could for her child".

well said i think this is so true, age is non important in alot of different ways!

Krystal1310Krystal1310
I got pregnant at 19 and had Becky when i was 20.
i got looks also and i was at uni so even more people looked down on me but had fantastic support from my mates especiall kirsty aka kirst

missymoo23missymoo23
My goodness I must be the youngest I got pregnant at 14,and back then I would say no people didn't look down on me as where I lived you either got pregnant or got hooked on drug's. If I relived things I definitely would not change things,My daughter is a normal happy 8 year old and I have brought her up just the same as some one older would of..I have moved from where i used to live And have brought a house with my partner in a brilliant area and now when people do the sums in their head about mine and my daughters age they seem to look down on me ..I no I didn't do things the ideal way but I'm not one of these people who keep popping out kids just for the sake of it as some as my old friends do so they get more social money!!!I only have the one child and don't plan on having more..Also I started seeing my daughters dad when I was 13 and we stuck together up until 2 and a half years ago so It wasn't a one nite stand or seedy..we are both the best of friends still..

hapydazyhapydazy
Hey girls! I'm an old mom LOL... I had my daughter (my first and only, so far) when I was 33 years old. My sister was 21 when she had my nephew (and she is an awesome mom, my nephew is now 19 yrs old with lots of special needs). I think age has absolutely nothing to do with how good a parent you are! One of my best friends was 14 when she had her daughter, who is now almost 12 years old, she is one of the best moms I know. Funny thing is with her story, her daughter's father and her were estranged for a very long time (he was only 13 when she got pregnant) he then had another child with someone else a couple of years later, got married, divorced and 2 years ago my friend Kristen and her daughter's father got married, now she is mom to a 12 year old, step mom to a 9 year old (who they have full costudy of) and now her and Jason have another daughter together who is 9 months old. She is STILL one of the best moms I know. My daughter was not planned or expected, but she came around when she was supposed to, whether I had been 18 or 40, I hope I would still be the good mom I like to think I am Very happy I feel very young, I guess I still do young people things LOL, I take my daughter to outdoor concerts in the summer and she keeps me feeling younger than I am, I think (sometimes I feel like she's aging me quickly LOL!!)

jade-leighjade-leigh
thats lovely and well put gd on ya XXXX

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews