Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Sleeping in the heat

kristagkristag
posted 9 years 3 months ago
Just wondered what folks are doing in this wonderful heat we're having.

We've bought an air cooler but even with that going, it's still 28 degrees C in our little one's room. I'm being paranoid mummy and checking her every 10 minutes but her body is nice and cool (the fan is blowing but not into her face, just around her feet) and she's in a nappy and loose fitting little top. Her legs and arms are nice and cool and so is her forehead but I keep having to check behind her neck Smile

We can't seem to get the bedroom temperatures down at all. She has a blackout/thermal blind in her room too which I'm keeping shut but she's at the side of the house that gets the sun from sunrise until about 2pm Sad

I'm tempted to grab a travel cot and bring her into the lounge to sleep as it's cool in there.

Anyone else got hot rooms to deal with?

AlexAlex Moderator
When Joseph was wee and it was hot he slept in his cot with only a nappy on and a light sheet covering him. I also kept his window and all other windows open up stairs because as we are by the sea I get a nice through draft!! We are not as hot as you guys at the moment (but hot for us) and he is currently sleeping in his boxer shorts with a light blanket over him.

SamuelSamuel
Our bedroom gets the sun all day, Ash sleeps in a co-sleeper, as long as he feels okay to the touch, isn't sweating etc we leave him as he is. In the summer though we don't warm milk up, we put in the fridge, it doesn't seem to upset tummies for us either and means we can avoid giving him any thing sugary or water.

samtiffsamtiff
We are having a nightmare. I live in a 2nd floor flat - which is the top flat. Also it has a flat roof. So we get the heat from the downstairs flats, direct from the roof etc. We have no escape. It is 27 plus degrees in the whole flat with curtains closed and fan blowing. My little girl is in a nappy only and is sweating like mad. Nothing I can do really. She does not like the bath yet either...... poor thing.
We are going to have a bath together later anyway to try and cool her down.
Bring on the cooler weather. Sorry everyone who loves the heat but I do not and now it is even worse worrying about Charlotte too.

kristagkristag
We bought a portable air conditioning unit. Best thing we've bought in a while. Lovely and cool upstairs now Smile Highly recommend it!

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews