Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Why? Why? Oh why?

GTTkelGTTkel
posted 9 years 4 months ago
Not had the best day after seeing my midwife. I've gotta go for a growth scan on friday because recently my bump has been measuring slightly small and today when I went it wasn't measuring any bigger than my last appointment. But I think it's because some days I look bigger than others when the baby moves around; and it could just be that it's a smaller baby more like my first was. Plus the baby is moving loads so I would think it's healthy; and all other stuff with me like blood pressure etc is good.

Now midwife is saying it could mean the placenta is not functioning properly or the blood flow isn't enough which would stop the baby from growing any more and also could cause the baby to become distressed in labour which would mean I can't have my home birth. I know it's better to be safe than sorry so of course I want the scan to check but I don't want to be stressed now so close to my due date. I'm hoping I'll get there and they'll say the baby's size is fine and nothing to worry about. Also as they have loads of staff off next week on annual leave or doing the community work I can't have my normal ante-natal check at my local surgery or even my town's hospital, I have to go to the hospital at the next town over. Also the midwife could only manage to get me a scan this week atall coz I'm going first thing friday morning when most people can't get in that early and because I'm a priority being near my due date and my surgery is meant to be the biggist/best/ most up-to date service provider of them all in my town.
I'm cross with myself abit because I've been saying to so many people this has been my best/easiest pregnancy and hoping I don't jinx it by saying that, now this happens right near the end. Plus only last thursday I saw the doctor and she re-assured me there was nothing to worry about which made me feel really good, now today my midwife has said all this which has stressed me out. GRRR!

ellee1984ellee1984
Sorry to hear you having so much stress maybe you could phone your gp in the morning and explain what the midwife has said and hopefully she will be able to put your mind more at ease it doesnt seem like your mw has explained things in a way to put your mind at ease.

shortie2shortie2
It probably isnt anything to worry about.. Am sure everything will be ok. Hug

GTTkelGTTkel
I feel so crap today. I feel physically rough and weird. I feel anxious and on the verge of an anxiety attack. My head feels woozy and my bump and back are aching. I just want to cry or something to release all the build up but it's all just stuck in me swirling about. I just want it to be time to have my baby now and I want everyone to leave me alone and stop going on at me about what THEY think. I don't give a flying Censored what they think and some of the stuff thay say I would never say to them! I feel like closing myself away from people now just to avoid the conversations that I'm repeating on a regular basis.

ellee1984ellee1984
whats happened kel?

samtiffsamtiff
Oh my. You sound like you are at the end of your tether.
You are doing fine and you do know best. I hope everyone backs off and leaves you alone and if not I hope you can try and block them all out.
I really am sending you calming vibes as I had quite a few angry / stressed out bits and I know how you are feeling. You poor thing.
Cone on baby - maybe you should get out here to help Mummy out.

GTTkelGTTkel
HA HA I'm happy again YAY Thumbs Up Clapping

There is nothing wrong with the placenta or the blood flow to it.

My baby was estimated as weighing 5lb 13oz today, so with 3 weeks to go it should be about 7 and a half which is ofcourse average weight and right in between the birth weight of my other 2 (Summer 6lb 15oz and Denis 8lb). Plus the baby is very long and thin (which Summer was) so now Steve is even more convinced it's a girl. The sonogropher said I am not carrying much fluid so that's why my bump is not huge and frankly that's fine with me.

Anyway I have been baking and cleaning all day as we are having an early birthday party for Summer today because baby is due on her birthday in 3 weeks time. I feel SOOOOO much happier now, I've been anxious all week and so moody and now I feel so good. Plus as I'm 37 weeks today I can officially have my home birth any time I go into labour from today, so it's just the waiting game now. Not expecting an early baby though!!

laineyklaineyk
Hey hunnie thats fabulous, im so glad your feeling much better after that but who could have blamed you for feeling crap and crabby. Great weight! I had a growth scan today and baby is 7lb 6 oz roughly which makes me think aaarggghh as Sophie was only 5lb 11 when she was born but not too worry we get there in the end huh!!

ellee1984ellee1984
glad to hear everythings okay with bump and you can have your home birth you want. i dont think it was right your mw worrying you like that. but glad everythings ok Hug

shortie2shortie2
posted 9 years 3 months ago
thats good.. least you dont need to worry now.

GTTkelGTTkel
Well having said my bump is small, I got up this morning to find that literally my maternity jeans and maternity combats no longer fitted me. It's only been a few days since I've worn them! Plus, my boobs have not grown atall this pregnancy, I'm still in my normal bras, but this evening in the shower my boobs felt more solid and squidgy, I even got Steve to feel to check Very Happy so maybe my body has suddenly realised "Oh yeah, there's a baby in here". Come on little one, don't keep mummy waiting too long! Also last night we finally agreed on a girls name and have got boys names down to one of two (but keeping secret).

laineyklaineyk
Fab hun its amazing how one day theres not much to it and then the next wow where did that come from LOL.

Exx

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews