Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Braxton Hicks or what?

samtiffsamtiff
posted 8 years 8 months ago
Can you help?

I keep getting a hard bump and tight feeling but it is at the top of my bump and I am not sure if this is Braxton Hicks or the baby trying to burrow out the wrong way.... Shocked

It is above my tummy button where my bump goes hard.

The tightening is uncomfortable but not painful and comes and goes throughout the day and has for the last week.

Not due to see midwife till Thursday and baby is moving fine and I am not worried - just curious.

Thanks for any help you can give. Flower

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
I never had them, or labor pains because I had a c-section at 34 weeks, but it sure sounds like braxton hicks, from what I've heard them described as. If it gets worse I would call your mw, just to ease your own mind. Glad baby is still bopping around in there, that's always a good sign! Thumbs Up

laineyklaineyk
Sounds like braxton hicks to me hun! If only they were like the real thing LOL Shutup

SummerSummer
I felt things like that when I was pregnant and it seems to be normal. xx

Bounty2009Bounty2009
It sounds like Braxton hicks to me so I wouldnt worry hun! If you are still concerned have a word with your midwife/GP just to put your mind at rest, cos the stress won't be doing you any good! make sure you take things easy and rest up. No stressing! do you know the sex of the baby yet? Have you thought about babynames yet? http://www.bounty.com/babynames/ is a great place to search as you can look by origin and meaning! I just had my first baby, a little boy called Marlow. Love the blog - I really hope things go well for you hun! xxxx

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews