Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

normal birth after c-section??

janjan
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
hi im new here,my names jan and i live in deganwy north wales,i have 4 childen,luke 11,amy 10,kyle 4 on mon and josh 21 months also im 19 weeks pregnant.i would like any advice on a normal birth after a section,my first 3 were normal deliveries then i lost a little boy at 22weeks,then my next was emergency secton(i had strep b and went in to hospital with leaking waters but was not believed and sent home then 3 days later waters went with more of a gush went in again and due to baby being in disstress had emergency sec and baby on scbu for days with infection which could have been prevented if i was believed when waters had gone as with strepb you ned antibiotics once waters break to prevent infection to baby)anyway this time im worried about my scar rupturing!!would really like a home birth but think thats out of the question!its difficult as me and my partner have no family to look after my 4 when i go in so looks like i will be going it alone this time!!

alis378alis378
Hi there, congratulations on your pregnancy!! Very happy

I have heard that it is possible to have a normal delivery after CSection. I guess the best thing to do would be to talk to your consultant about the birth and your wishes.

HTH
x

hipmommahipmomma
Hi, I know it is possible, in fact I think there are some ladies on here who have had sucessful home births afer c-section. I do think you will have a battle on your hands to convince midwives etc that it is the best thing, because it is higher risk. But at the end of the day it is your body, your baby and your right to do whatever you believe is best. Good luck hun, and congrats on the pregnancy! xXx

bunnigirlbunnigirl
hey hun i do no its possible as my SIL has had one and my sister is due to have one in june but n here the best person i no to talk to is imakeboys as she has gone through this and may be more better to advice u
hope everything goes well and welcome to jp
my names donna
xxx

chezchez
my friend had a section then had a normal delivery she was told you cant have a normal delivery if you have had 2 sections Smile

janjan
hi ,and thanks for all answering,they have now said im ok to have normal birth but im waiting to see consultant over concerns about a home birth and the possibility of scar rupturing!!thanks again all x

imakeboysimakeboys
first congrads
second you will want to talk to me then lol

i have had a successful home birth after caesarean section.

I had to fight for that right, it wasnt easy either.
the consultants were all frightening me with the risk of uterine rupture etc.. but i did my research and know damn well the risk of that happnin is LOW!
As my consultant put it "you will give birth to a dead baby and IF you survive you WILL need a hysterectomy!!!! "

they are her exact words

You have a battle on your hands otherwise they will want you to electivly pick a caesarean section and tell all lies under the sun til u agree.
Good job i rebel aint it ?? LOL

any questions feel free to PM me xx been there n got the t shirt LOL xx

missscarlettmissscarlett
Hi Jan, it is possible for you to have a VBAC. First though you will need to decide which way you will put your focus because if you are "umming and arrring" and not quite clear within yourself, then you open yourself up to an indecisive birthing which could lead you to experience what you don't want.

Yes you have to knowledge yourself up with the negatives, and they're not as big as you are led to believe, and you only need to do this once. Then you gather around you all the positive and supportive articles, stories and people who will support you 100% on your decision whether it be for a VBAC or a caesarean. The way it's going with women birthing, you have to be completely focused on your decision.

The fear that's fed to you about uterine rupture, the statistics are actually lower than what we are told. If 9 (10) months of pregnancy hasn't caused an issue on your expanding uterus, then labour isn't. If a VBAC is your focus, then don't let anyone sway you. If anyone starts talking the negative just politely explain that you already have the knowledge, you don't need it reinforced and could they please support your decision or... go away!

Good luck.

candgsmumcandgsmum
Hey hun, I know it's not the exact same thing here but my mum had surgery at 16 weeks pregnant which meant her having a caesarean style cut into her abdomen (though please note not into her uterus) to remove a dangerous cyst. The docs tried to make her have caesarean by telling her her scar would burst open and she would bleed to death! She refused and with the support of a mw she had a natural delivery and her scar didn't even show any signs of rupture!

What ever you decide, good luck x

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews