Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Milk....what kind do you go for?

shortie2shortie2
posted 9 years 2 months ago
Am just wondering here what you's would recommend in terms of which kind of milk to buy for when junior comes along?? I ken they say that breast milk is the best milk to use but am planning to bottle feed. Now am just wondering if anyone has a preference in to which milk you use?? eg cow and gate, sma.

I ken it will be really upto junior at the end of the day but just wondering what everyone's preferences are. If you ken what i mean.

Unsure

SamuelSamuel
We buy breast milk.

ellee1984ellee1984
i started my daughter on SMA gold (recommendation of the midwife) but after 2 months changed her to Cow & Gate cos she wasnt keeping it down and I know a couple of people who had the same problem and there been a couple of people recently posting on here who had similair problems with SMA. Cow & Gate and Aptimil seem to be the best ones.

candgsmumcandgsmum
Charlotte was on SMA Gold from birth.

George was mixed fed, breast milk and SMA Gold then after 3 weeks solely on the SMA. He had to be changed onto comfort Cow and Gate after a couple of months because the sma didn't agree with him. To be honest I'm not sure formula agreed with him at all.

AlexAlex Moderator
When Joseph wouldn't feed from me the hospital gave him Farleys (I had never really thought about formula before that!! Embarassed ) The farleys agreed with him and the only change I had was when he was moved onto the hungry baby stuff at 3weeks.

GTTkelGTTkel
My two had Cow and Gate; and I'll use it again this time when I stop breast feeding.

laineyklaineyk
Hey hunnie i planned on using aptamil with Sophie, i think to be honest they are all very much the same they just vary a little in price. I think Aptamil is one of the dearer ones oh and i have noticed recently that it never appears to be on special offer LOL.

Im going to try breastfeed this time but if it doesnt work out im using aptamil!

shortie2shortie2
sorry its toke me a wee while to reply back:

ave been hearing that the cow and gate have been the best milk to get. Mark wants to use cow and gate but thought i'd see what you's all thought and recomend (well i mean you all have had kiddies before and this is my first so...)

so it'll be cow and gate for me like. thanks everyone Thumbs Up

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews