Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

I took the plunge...

GTTkelGTTkel
posted 8 years 7 months ago
I generally like to keep active when I'm pregnant. It helps to keep me feeling more positive,gives me the chance for a bit of time away from home and I find it also keeps back ache to a minimum etc. Anyway through my pregnancies I've done various things-walking, the gym, pregnancy yoga etc. Well there is an aqua-natal class at my local pool which was running during both my other pregnancies, but I have always avoided going because I can't swim. The inability to swim comes from something that happened when I was a child, someone held me up-side-down over a pond and after that I always had such a fear of getting water on my head/face and generally water issues! Anyway today I took the plunge!! I went to the aqua-natal class, which was in the big pool and really quite a big deal for me. I told the instructor that I can't swim and that if they did anything in the deep end I wouldn't do it, but there were only a few exercises that were out of my depth and she gave me alternatives to do in the shallow end. I actually really enjoyed it and I'm going to go every week now Fish

SamuelSamuel
Thats really good, maybe when you get more confident you could take some swimming lessons, doing them at the same time as the children would be really good.

laineyklaineyk
Hey hun ive been going to the aquanatal class for five weeks now and really enjoying it, its great as you can chat to other expectant mums too! Also there is a midwife there every week and she is fabulous.
Glad you enjoyed it, i felt it was a nice relaxing exercise class to do and would defo give it the big thumbs up to anyone thinking about going along.

GTTkelGTTkel
I agree laineyk I felt relaxed during and after.

Samuel I agree, I may find a new comfort zone after a few weeks in the water. It's been since Summer started her swimming lessons that I've been wanting to get in the water and see how I go.

SummerSummer
That's good you enjoyed it!! Clapping

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews