Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Change a nappy if sleeping through the night?

kristagkristag
posted 8 years 10 months ago
I've got a bit of a dilema here.

Sophie is back to sleeping right through the night again - around 6pm - 7am. However, now I'm weaning, I find, even during the day, that she can look a bit 'red' down below as she seems to wee for England Smile

She's been fine for the nights but tonight she looked a tiny bit red again and I don't want her to end up with nappy rash or sore Sad

Would you wake her to change her in the night or just use a barrier cream at bedtime? I'm using the Pampers BabyDry nappies but they really are like a 1/4 pounder in weight in the morning! Scared

Any advice?

AlexAlex Moderator
I use a barrier cream or if you want to change her, you should be able to do it without waking her, just pull back the covers and do it on her bed rather than liftinh her out.

SamuelSamuel
We carry on doing night changes, ours sleep in our bed though so they are used to disturbance and rarely wake up when we change them. 6pm-7am I want some of that!

kristagkristag
I changed her last night about 10pm in her cot. She fidgeted a bit but went straight back to sleep. She was quite wet so I popped a bit of barrier cream on too. This morning, she's got no sign of red and the nappy wasn't very heavy at all - seems she does most of her wee when she first goes to bed so looks like a late evening change is a plan Smile

Samuel, she's been really good with her sleeping but for 2 or 3 weeks up until now she would wake about 3am for a feed which wasn't an issue as I was BF so it was a sleepy walk to her room and a 10 minute cuddle really Smile However, she's increased what she's eating now in solids so I guess she has a full little tummy over night Smile

SummerSummer

Alex said:
I use a barrier cream or if you want to change her, you should be able to do it without waking her, just pull back the covers and do it on her bed rather than liftinh her out.

I would use a barrier cream and wouldn't change her, unless she doesn't wake up.

soupsoup
posted 8 years 9 months ago
dont use too much barrier cream if you decide to do that as it can form a water proof coating on the nappy

kristagkristag
posted 8 years 9 months ago
I'm using a thin layer so she still has a big soggy nappy in the morning but no sign of any redness. So far it's all working well Clapping

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews