Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Advice needed with getting an older child to wipe after poo.

ReginaRegina
posted 8 years 8 months ago
Hiya,

First time posting here as I'm after some help. My 7 year old step-son can't wipe himself after going for a poo. He spends most of his time with his grandparents where his grandad wipes him after going. Therefore, his attitude is 'why do I need to do it if grandad does it for me' or simply 'I don't want to'.

He can go to the toilet fine by himself...going for a wee is no problem. It's the issue of getting him to wipe.

How should Dad and I do this?

Of course we are going to speak to the childs grandparents about this but I don't think grandad will be so supportive and will probably continue to wipe him for his own convenience.

Any advice or suggestions would be fantastic.

Many thanks Smile

hiyahiya
Hiya,
i've got a 7 year old & he's only just started doing it on his own at first i just used to check to see if he was clean but now he's fine on his own but i would say that wipes are easer than loo roll if you no what i meen? Wink

ElementaryElementary
The wipes are just better at getting it clean! I think you need to be firm with the grandparents - you both need to be calm, and support each other - good luck

SummerSummer
You should show him a little bit how ridiculous the situation is.... I think he'll learn fast to wipe himself! Maybe I'm being too rude and tough, but he's not 4 anymore!!

SamuelSamuel
I agree with Summer, what does he do at school, just remain dirty?

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews