Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Maybe I'm old fashioned..

GTTkelGTTkel
posted 9 years 7 months ago
..or just very judgemental!! but I feel really disgusted with someone I know, not a friend but I know her!
She's 28, coming up 29 and a single mum to a 4 year old little boy. When she and the boys dad split up it was because she was always black mailing him basically by saying if he didn't do everything she wanted then she'd go off with other blokes. He got sick of how she treated him and so stopped doing what she said and so she did indeed start going out and putting it about. She has also had 3 abortions that I know of, each pregnancy by a different bloke-like why is she not using contraception? Gag She has all these blokes around her little boy, even if she's JUST got with them. Then when they get fed up with her and split up with her she goes around saying to everyone that she loves her little boy so much and he's the only man she needs in her life. Then another bloke comes on the scene and it's back to square one. The little boy is I have to say a bit of a bugger, but then it's probably because his whole life is one long roller coaster. Anyway, in January this girl started seeing a bloke that my hubby and I know. Basically he's not long been out of a very serious relationship, they were engaged and had a mortgage together etc, but she broke his heart. So now he's seeing this 'thing' that puts it about. He's said himself he wants a quiet life and to just be happy, go with the flow; and honestly he's not fully dealt with the break up from his long term ex. So now the slapper get around girl has announced she is pregnant!! now I know I know he should have taken responsibility too and used a condom, but kind of in his defence she led him to believe she was on the pill, but actually was not!! So now she is pregnant for the 5th time, (having aborted 3), and he is going to be a dad with someone he barely knows and while still nursing his broken heart from before. Plus this girl's little boy will surely suffer even more than he already has with all the instability, not to mention the poor new baby that will be coming into the world in this situation.

I know I'm waffling and ranting but it really angers me that people can behave like this. Having my babies was the biggest decision of my life, and also about the person I was having them with-ie that I love him, that he loves me, that we are committed, that he will be a good dad etc. Plus when I think of how hard it is for some genuinely lovely people to have a baby, one of my best friends being one of them who is struggling with treatment, it makes me so confused about how the World is.

Ok rant over. Sorry for the long read!!

ElementaryElementary
and there's nothing you can do because they will carry on regardless.............what a sad life for all involved Confused

WolfblassWolfblass

Elementary said:
and there's nothing you can do because they will carry on regardless.............what a sad life for all involved Confused

I quite agree! Rolling Eyes

WelshMumWelshMum
Some people just don't care about anyone but themselves- I hope the guy doesn't get even more hassle off this stupid selfish cow Tell Off

MsRussellBMsRussellB
It goes indeed seem unfair that the most inappropriate people have no problems procreating, whilst there are people out there going through hell trying to get pregnant who would make wonderful, responsible parents.

LucyLucy
i think you have to take a back seat, its her life and she has to make her own mistakes, not much you can do shes going to do it regardless

kristagkristag
I agree with what's been said. It's a shame your friend has got himself into this situation but he is a grown man and it seems he's really fallen for the oldest trick in the book. What a shame. As for the woman, there is very little that can probably be done or said that will change her attitude. As they say, it takes all sorts to make a world (unfortunately at times!)

GTTkelGTTkel
Indeed, you are all right. I'm not her friend and so would have nothing to say to her about it anyway but just the whole situation is beyond my belief. I just hope her son and the baby (if she has it) will have some chance at a decent future; and our mate well God knows what he's got himself into.
Just goes to show the only protection you can really rely on is the protection you use yourself, otherwise you could be taken for a ride Tell Off

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews