Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Waters leaking or loss of bladder control - how can u tell?!

mkbabymkbaby
posted 8 years 8 months ago
Hello all,

Just before anyone thinks I have lost it or anything i am just curious. I don't mean to be too graphic but u may not understand otherwise.

Upon going for a wee, it has become routine for me to really push myself so i am sure all has come out (hope this makes sense), kind of like when u r constipated and pushing, sometimes u wee instead (oh god this seems terrible already).

Anyway, having done this, I preceeded to come downstairs, sit down and feel a trickle of liquid come out, then bout 30 seconds later a little bit more.

I put some paper towel in my knickers so I could gage what colour this liquid was and see if it was huge or not. It was not. Then after feeling uncomfortable decided to try and wee again but to no avail. No amount of forceful weeing did anything. So I gave up, sat down again and more.

I def don't need a wee, the liquid is clear and does not smell in the slightest. I can't really tell where it is coming from (which makes me sound stupid) and pelvic floor is not stopping it. I am not concerned as even after copious braxton hicks over the weekend, I am confident little man is fine. Just wondering if anyone has had this either with bladder control or some form of discharge that is similar to water.

Thanks for reading

Fi x

JOJOJOJO
if its still leaking out I would give midwife a ring,they will have to do a internal to investagate so be prepared for that,but they have to make sure,it will probably just be wee or discharge but defo get in checked,keep us posted Thumbs Up

GTTkelGTTkel
A problem I had in my second pregnancy; and that I'm having again now third time around is after I've wee'd and wiped I stand up and as you've said get a little damp patch still in my knickers. I was worried about it in my last pregnancy and so mentioned it to my doctor. She said that where the baby is pressing on things it can SLIGHTLY restrict the bladder and so when you move abit more wee is squeezed out from your change of position. She advised me to rock slightly back and then forward before getting of the toilet to try and squeeze all angles-so to speak, and prevent so much leakage afterwards. Don't be embarressed, it's not a bad thing. I'd actually forgotten about it until it started happening to me again this time. What I do is (as you said TMI) wipe, then stand with a bit of toilet paper in place incase any more drips out.
Oh the joy of pregnancy!!

kristagkristag
I just realised this has been posted twice! I've posted to the other one - pretty much on the lines already said here Smile

mkbabymkbaby
Hey,

Thanks for the support ladies. The joys of being a pregnant lady never ends LOL. Following this post I was perfectly happy to accept that my bladder is now my childs favourite toy and am sure all is well. However the constipation side of things is becoming a real killer. I dont know how much more All-bran I can take LOL. Have been drinking loads and doing all the natural things so hopefully this will soon pass too.

thanks again, I wasn't majorly concerned but all your advice really made me feel better. I am determined to enjoy my last few weeks as so far its not been very fun.

Hope everyone is well

xxxxx

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews