Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

Craddle Cap??????????

mummyheathmummyheath
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
- My blog
Can anyone please help.
Charly has quite severe and thick craddle cap. it did start going but has come back strong again. im currently using dentinox shampoo for it.
but does anyone have any ideas plleeaaasssseeeee!!!!!!

candgsmumcandgsmum
George has a special shampoo for his eczema, he got it on prescription from the GP.

It's called Capsal therapeutic shampoo it can also be used for cradle cap. It smells like creosote but it works xx

gemmagemma
i foudn the best thing BY FAR is to put oil (almond oil/baby oil even olive oil) on their head either over night or for an hour or so before bath and then just wash it as normal. IT soaks in and usually the skin will just rub off (with a rough towel) wthe next day. My DD is nearly 3 and she still gets it, although the oil does make her hair a bit greasy for a day til i wash it a second time - it does still work really well.

HTH
Gemma

hipmommahipmomma
in agreement with emma, oil over night. Josh had it very bad so we tried everything! Charlies was only mild so actually i just washed it as normal and it passed with time. x

alis378alis378
Olive oil is really good for this sort of thing - albeit slightly more expensive to buy but worth it when it works. As the others have said leave it on overnight and give it a gentle rub in the morning. And dont pick it either cos then it could get infected.

Hope you manage to alleviate it
x

lilysmumlilysmum
I've been using a special shampoo for cradle cap, eczema and sensitive skin called InfaDerm. It's in a white bottle with a light green cap - you can get bubble bath and stuff too which is good. Good luck! xx

chezchez
the best thing i have found that works is putting baby oil on the head at night then softly brushing it with a baby brush in the morning the oil softens it then it comes off easily with a baby brush hope it works for you im sure it will Very happy

AvalonAvalon
My son went through all that and we had to stop using everything for about four months and we can use anything on him now.

It's not like he got very dirty at that point.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews