Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Jade goody is with the angels!

sunflower88sunflower88
posted 8 years 8 months ago
I felt so sad today waking up to my child giving me flowers and hugs and jade goodys children have lots there mum on mothers day!

i feel so sad, i think jade goody is a inspiration as she has made so much awareness to get smear tests done.

However i belive and think that the doctors can do more, as since this jade goody came out about cancer the doctors are not willing to gove smear tests unless you pay £100 and even if you say you have syptoms of you needing a smear they are not giving them.

RIP JADE GOODY!!"

SamuelSamuel
I have no idea where you are getting your information from but in England girls under 25 do not have to pay for smear tests, they can have them when they life, if they are on medical contraception they have to have a yearly smear otherwise their prescription is cancelled.

LucyLucy
Any woman under 25 who is concerned about her risk of developing cervical cancer or her sexual health generally, should contact her GP or Genito-Urinary Medicine (GUM) clinic.

i took this from the NHS website, smear tests are free for every woman unless they pay to go privately i.e. from Bupa or other private medical facilties i have no idea where you got the idea that under 25s have to pay thats ridiculous information and scaremongering

jo-jojo-jo
We also have them free in Australia from when you are first sexually active (we have no age limits or cut off's for screenings of this sort
) even if your not sexually active and are concerned about your health the gp's wont refuse.My gp sends out reminder letters and if i forget he even call's Scared

PugsPugs
- My blog
Thats just sad tho, her passing away. I am glad that she took the steps when she found out to make sure her kids were going to be okay. So young tho, what a shame. Hope the family well.

Julian_DMJulian_DM
posted 8 years 7 months ago
I think the media guilt in this was quite interesting- they slammed her for a year , and then when she got diagnosed i think they had a bit of a crisis of conscience... makes you think about the roleof the media in pulblic perceptions a little bit i think..

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews