Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Nursing bra's - Advice please

mkbabymkbaby
posted 8 years 9 months ago
Ok ladies

In the interest of getting organised, I am thinking about my hospital bag and all the recommendations say nursing bras. How can I be prepared with these when I don't know what size my breast will be when I am nursing. Should I get my normal size or add a cup size or 2? Or are nursing bras designed in the same way maternity bras are and you just get your normal size and it adjusts to your growing breasts.

Sorry if I sound stupid but I have not thought of this until now and am really confused coz I wanna be ready but dont wanna buy something that wont fit when i need it to.

Thanks in advance.

Fi

xxx

AlexAlex Moderator
Hiya.

Go to Mothercare or John Lewis etc and get properly measured for a nursing bra. They will recommend which one is best for you.

mkbabymkbaby
Cool, do u think its ok to get one now or do u think they will tell me to wait, coz god forbid i go into premature labour, i wont have time to go and get measured then, if that makes sense.

AlexAlex Moderator
They will probably tell you to wait a bit yet. and if you did go into premature labour (but hopefully that wont happen) the hospital can't expect you to be ready.

mkbabymkbaby
Thanks. I think its more likely to be than the hospital that point it out. I am very much nesting and wnating everything to be perfect for when little man arrives. But then I tend to want to be organised when not pregnant so there is probably no hope for me.

Thanks again xxx

daisy33daisy33
posted 8 years 8 months ago
Mine def got bigger, but i just had my maternity nursing bras already.

But def go to mothercare as Alex said they will give you the best advice, but do not worry about it too much

xxxxxxxxxxx

WolfblassWolfblass
They advise you to go and get measured after 36 weeks, hopefully bump will of started droppng and then they should be able to determine what size you are likely to need.

Mine have't started to get much bigger yet so they told me to opt for 38DD instead of a D - but i'll be off back a few weeks after babe is born just to check all is okay! xx

mkbabymkbaby
Thanks everyone.

Where is baby Wolfblass?!

kristagkristag
I'm a bit late on here (sorry) but I got one nursing bra measured at Mothercare around 28 weeks as I was also worried about premature labour but by around 30 weeks, I had grown another cup size still so needed a new bra. I stayed that size and have done so since so I just popped out and got myself another 3 bras over the weeks leading up to Sophie being born. They came in a pack of 2, very soft, totally unpretty but functional and £20 so that suited me! Very Happy

sarahbigbumpsarahbigbump
wow! Smile

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews