Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

To crib or not to crib?

DaftmooDaftmoo
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
Hi
My first question - please be nice :-)

We have a cot for baby (when it comes) but I am aware that they like to sleep somewhere smaller to begin with. Do we need to buy a crib, or will baby be ok in a carry cot or something similar to sleep.
I don't like moses baskets and don't want to buy one of those BTW.
Thanks
~Jo

sugarsugar Moderator
TBH hun i find bribs/moses baskets can be a waste of money - DD only slept in heres for 4weeks - hardly worth the money!
We've only got one for this bubs coz MIL bought us one otherwise we wouldnt of got one - the only good thing about moses baskets are they are good for taking baby up & down stairs but as we are in a flat we dont need it lol! with a crib hun u cant really carry it up and down stairs

hipmommahipmomma
i think just keeping them cosy at the bottom of a cot is fine x

DaftmooDaftmoo
Thanks. I probably won't bother with a crib then. I've been offered 3 carry cots from different people so i think one of those will be fine for sleping to begin with and then into the cot.
~Jo

sliceslice
Josh was only in his moses basket for a couple of weeks as he was such a chunk,after that we put him straight into cot wrapped securly in a blanket and he was fine,and it gets them used to that enviroment so tey will go down to sleep easier I was lucky in a way because Josh is hyperactive he had to go in awake and fall asleep when he was ready but it does help with that process. Good luck I am sure you will be fine and you will know what feels right to do for yourself because t will be what you feel comfortable with!! xx kel

mummyheathmummyheath
- My blog
my little girl was very pickey with sleeping. she would only sleep on my chest for the first week just over then she had to be wrapped up tight and she slept in the pram in the bedroom. she hated the moses basket until she was a year old.
but my mum bought her a swinging crib and she absolutely loved it. it was the best nights sleep she ever had everytime she went in it she was gone. that was the best thing i'd ever got.
so in my eyes yes i would have a crib. shes 5months this month and just gone into a cot but i wouldn't be without that crib i only wish i had it sooner. it will deffo be used when i have my next lol.
i can see why some people say they are a waste of money. i live in a one bedroom flat and i had a moses basket and a crib. they are worth it. especially if you've gotta go to relatives you can take the basket.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews