Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Vic is sooo excited about his b'day party LOL (i need help)

jo-jojo-jo
posted 9 years 8 months ago
We are taking him today to pick out his invites party bags decorations etc for his 5th b'day party.
He has decided to have it at home which is fine by me.My girlfriend who is an artist has offered to do face painting on the day and DH is trying to organize a petting zoo or a jumpy castle???
I am going to have a few games,pass the parcell,pin the tail,and a pinata i dont know if thats enough?.I have never done anything like this before so i am a bit nervous any suggestions would be welcome also what foods???
The part is only going to be from 2pm untill 4pm is that long enough??I am also going to put on the invites that parents are welcome to stay as i know i wouldnt leave my child at someones house that i dont really know to well.
Any suggestions??

AlexAlex Moderator
Sounds good to me Thumbs Up Vic will have a great time. Remember to leave time for eating (if you are doing that) and cake. Little ones can take a long time to eat, and dont make to much as they wont actually eat alot.

jo-jojo-jo
Thanks Alex,we are having food i am going to have it ready when they get here so they can graze on it in between playing games etc.We are having Vic's b'day cake just before they leave as i dont mind if they hang around a little while longer (the bouncy castle is hired for four hours minimum i cant wait to go on LOL).
Vic got all spider man themed napkins, banners, plates, cups,invites etc he is so stoked. Thumbs Up

candgsmumcandgsmum
Ooh sounds ace Thumbs Up

As for foods, just do finger foods like cooled pizza cut into small slices, small sandwiches, stuff like that Smile

I think 2hrs will be more than enough too.

Hope it all goes well and Vic enjoys his party Thumbs Up

I must admit you're braver than me, I chicken out of parties but I've a feeling I won't be let off with Lottie's next birthday!

SummerSummer
I think 2 hours is enough! Kids get tired and parents too! It will be great. good luck!

jo-jojo-jo
Thanks guy's everything is coming together nicely,the spiderman bouncy castle was already hired out but we got a nice blue castle and its a bit bigger than the spiderman. Vic has no idea about the bouncy castle so i cant wait to see his face LOL Clapping
I am getting all the goody bag fillers tomorow im thinking i might put girly stuff for the girls im sure they wont mind if there stuff is a little different to the boy's?.

staceybstaceyb
- My blog
sounds like you got it all sorted hun Thumbs Up wish i lived nearer id love a go on the bouncy castle hehe Clapping

yep finger foods are the best bet. sandwiches, sausahe rolls, cakes, vegetables, fruit etc always seem to go down well.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews