Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Its not happening :(

stace35stace35
posted 9 years 4 months ago
Hi,

Me and my partner have been trying to conceive for almost 16months now and nothings happened Sad i have pcos so obviously thats not helping. my periods are extremely irregular so i never know if and when im ovulating! and by irregular i mean last year i had a whole of 4 periods!! im trying not to let it get me down as i know it wont help but its hard not too. my partner wants a child so bad and i feel inadequate that i cant give him one. although he is very understanding of the situation. After finding out i had pcos (which i am on no medication for) the dr told me that they cant help me until i had been trying for a year. so last december i went back to the doctors and they told me that before they can do anything my partner has to have a sperm count done to check hes not the problem. they could have said before! so he went to his doctors got the correct forms and a special pot!! he then had 2 book in at the local hospital to book an appointment to take the sample in! the next available appointment was 4 months later! how ridicolous! so were just waiting for the appointment to come, hopefully get good results so then the dr will refer me 2 the gyno!! time cant go any faster and as each day passes i get more disheartened, am begining to think i will never have children the 1 thing i have always dreamt of. Please someone help me!! is there anyone in similar circumstances? i donmt have any1 really 2 talk 2 the 2 closest people i could have just fallen pregnant themselves which hurts a bit more. :'(

ellee1984ellee1984
hi welcome to jp sorry to hear about the situation your in i really hope you get good news soon. i believe there are a couple of members who have pcos themselves as i personally dont have pcos and they maybe able to advise you on what they went through to get to the stage of having a successful pregnancy.

just wanted to wish you luck and hope you get the news your hoping for soon.

candgsmumcandgsmum
Hun I'm sorry to hear how you feel Hug Hug As Elle says, I don't have PCOS.

Is there any way you can have the sperm count done privately? I'm not really up on fertility treatment sorry so I'm not sure whether that is possible. Maybe it's worth explaining to your dr how it's making you feel.

Please remember this isn't your fault Hug

stace35stace35
hi thanx 4 the quick reply. the sperm count app is in a month so going 2 wait 4 tht. 1 more month isnt goin 2 make a difference after all this time! i had a bit of brown discharge last week and had read tht this can happen when the baby is attachin itself but iv done 2 tests n they both were negative Sad so put it down 2 old blood even tho it really didnt look like it. is there anything that any 1 can recomend 2 help conceive other than the obvious healthy eatin etc. i kno its not my fault and im just unlucky 2 have pcos but i would do anything 4 a baby x

clare2008clare2008
Recently I found a brilliant website offering awesome ideas and products to conceive. We bought few ovulation strips and once we knew the most fertile day it was all easy. Today I am 4 months pregnant and we are so well looking forward to holding our bundle of joy in another 5 months time.

If you think going to a doctor could be embarrassing then why look any further when the test can be done at home. The same test is used by NHS all over in UK.

Few of the main products I have noticed on the 'mothersbliss' com website are following offering a FREE delivery .

Female Fertility Test- 6.25
Male Fertility Test – 18.50
Ovulation Strip Test – 0.30 p
Pregnancy Strip Test – 0.35p

Also the Natal Hypnotherapy cd seems to be a good try.
Good luck with baby shower on you. Hope 2009 brings good news for you !

SamuelSamuel
Are you on metformin?

stace35stace35
clare2008-thanx for the advice!! have u got pcos?
Samuel- no im not on any medication. Im hoping that medication will be the next step, when i first got diagnosed with pcos the dr said to me that when i wanted to conceive, if it hadnt happened after year i would have to go on medication which would make me ovulate frequent and makin it a high chance of me conceiving.

SamuelSamuel

stace35 said:
clare2008-thanx for the advice!! have u got pcos?
Samuel- no im not on any medication. Im hoping that medication will be the next step, when i first got diagnosed with pcos the dr said to me that when i wanted to conceive, if it hadnt happened after year i would have to go on medication which would make me ovulate frequent and makin it a high chance of me conceiving.

Women with PCOS are meant to be on metformin permanently once the condition is diagnosed, get a new doctor.

stace35stace35
Really?! ive been thinking about changing doctors for a while...mine arent the best. So i will definitly get a new one! I always thought i should be taking some kind of medication as when i had an internal scan the nurse said the cysts were quite large...when i mentioned it to the doctor he just said to leave it and printed me a info sheet off google about pcos!

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews