Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Who wakes up in the night??

SummerSummer
posted 8 years 9 months ago
Who wakes up in the night to see your LO?? You or you DH?? Blink

orc30orc30
We used to take turns even though I was working long hours at the same time. The ex-wife was worse with little sleep than me so although I was tired she would be less moany if I got up.

AlexAlex Moderator
As it was just me, me all the time. I remember my mum keeping him one night when we were away and I still woke up for Joseph.

SamuelSamuel
It depends on the age, we use a co-sleeper for at least 6 months so we both wake up, but we take it on turns to sleep on a certain side of the bed so only one of us actually has to get up. After that, normally Frank gets up, most of the time the boys sleep with us so at the moment it is just the odd night with Pippa, which are few and far between at the moment.

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
we take it in turns although i try and do more during the week when mike is working but tbh although i obviously don't have to go to work i don't get a chance to catch up or rest in the day either as Lolly doesn't really nap anymore in the day so i guess it is fair that we both take it in turns. Tbh Jake has never been as good a sleeper as Lolly was but he isn't having any teething probs or anything at the moment so isn't waking that often. He does still wake at around 5ish for a little early morning milk though. So i give him that and he normally goes back off until around 7.30am ish. I hope it stays that way for a while!!

eamesy88eamesy88
- My blog
I get up each time for Crystal as Rich sleeps through her crying and screaming, unless she has a really bad episode that is

ellee1984ellee1984
when i was with my daughters dad we had a system for the first 6 weeks i would go to bed first, he would stay up until about 2 give her that feed then he would bring her into me in the bedroom wake me id take her and she'd fall asleep on my chest in bed and id fall back asleep he'd go into the living room and sleep on the sofa and i would do her next feed about 6am and after she was 6 weeks old she started sleeping through the night and as she was a healthy weight we let her sleep. now its just me so im doing it all.

number2cominnumber2comin
I have always gotten up mostly with Kel because DH works but he likes to do a lot on the weekends including get up in the morning with her and make me breakfast in bed or go out and run errands and go to the park together... daddy and babygirl stuff... they love it. And I off course soak in the quiet. Right now, she is teething super bad and DH seems to have the magic touch to comfort so he is getting up more at nite with her.

SummerSummer

ellee1984 said:
when i was with my daughters dad we had a system for the first 6 weeks i would go to bed first, he would stay up until about 2 give her that feed then he would bring her into me in the bedroom wake me id take her and she'd fall asleep on my chest in bed and id fall back asleep he'd go into the living room and sleep on the sofa and i would do her next feed about 6am and after she was 6 weeks old she started sleeping through the night and as she was a healthy weight we let her sleep. now its just me so im doing it all.

I like the way you did. It's smart. I should have thought about that when my DD was born! Happy

GTTkelGTTkel
From birth with both of mine I did every night feed, or any other reason they needed me to get up! It used to really annoy me, especially at weekends when Steve didn't have the excuse of work the next day.
I must say though that since we got our puppy in September Steve would get up in the night to let him out while we were house training, which ran concurrent with Denis coming out of nappies so Steve would take him to the loo while he was up if he needed to go.
I know when this baby is born (once I stop breast feeding) it will still be me doing all the night feeds, but then I don't want Steve to be too tired for work, he has more responsibility now than he did when we had the other two now that we own our own business. So we can't risk upsetting or loosing our customers. I will ask him to get up some weekend mornings so I can have a lie in though I think!!

candgsmumcandgsmum
When we had Charlotte, we took it in turns equally.

With George it was me 99% of the time Rolling Eyes

gemmalouisegemmalouise

LOL i ALWAYS ALWAYS get up with our little girl as my partner says he dont hear he ( how can he not when she is screaming @ the top of her lungs) any way i am the one always getting up to her. I asked if he could do it and he said he was too tired and complained so i said ok then seeing as i am awake i will get up!!! When my little boy was born he cried for a feed in the night and i use to lie there pretending i hadnt heard him waiting to see if my partner got up which he didnt so in the eand i got up cause it wasnt fair on the baby. After jessica came along he accually amitted that he use to pretend to be asleep so i would get up!!! how bad is that Men who have them !!! Bad!

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews