Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

Who chooses your baby's name?

ellee1984ellee1984
posted 1 decade 6 months ago
with izzy my ex fiance and i chose it by a misunderstanding lol

i told him a girls name i liked being Ebony, and i gave his work colleague a lift home from a work party whilst i was pregnant and he was like i like the name youve chosen its very unusual you dont get many annabels these days to which i said annabel? i said the name ebony? and his mate was like oh right and my ex was like sorry i couldnt remember they kinda similair Confused . So when him and i got home i told him i didnt like the name annabel but the only name i liked on the lines of "bel" in it was Izabelle or Izabella and he went i like them names we both adamanent it was going to be Izzy and couldnt decide whether it would be Izabelle or Izabella on her birth certificate and for the majority of my pregnancy it was Izzabelle but a few weeks before i due to give birth he changed it to Izzabella (we wanted a slight twist on the traditional spelling so we used double z's) and her middle name Natalya was my other fave girls name so we decided to use it as her middle name and it flows nicely with her surname aswell Izzabella Natalya...

SarahwillSarahwill
posted 4 years 9 months ago
Hey ! I remebered that my dad has choosen me the name. Its really a big task to choose a baby name for the baby. Its like a big pain. actually we want to choose a name for my cousin baby. like we had many names in mind but we need to choose the best out of them! Love

lillyxlillyx
posted 4 years 8 months ago
We have a very similar taste when it comes to names, so we both decided!

Laurelbell85Laurelbell85
posted 3 years 9 months ago
When it came down to my daughter's name, I chose it. However, her daddy helped with the spelling. He did have to agree on the name, but overall it was my decision.

purplepen88purplepen88
posted 3 years 8 months ago
My husband and I made up lists of names. We knew we wanted an Irish name, my husband is of Irish descent. We had two names picked out for a boy and two names picked out for a girl. We wanted to wait to see our baby and see what they looked like. As soon as we saw our son his name just popped out of our mouths. The name we chose was after one of my former students.

JosiePJosieP
We "both" did... I loved a name, didn't think he'd like it.. told him to imagine it on a Football jersey and he was sold! lol

sheebah7sheebah7
My husband and I picked out the names ourselves. Basically for all three children we named them according to what was going on in our family at the time. All of our children's names mean something and they are aware of where their special name came from and what the meanings are. A name is very special and sometimes people can be discriminated against just because of a name. It can sometimes stand in the way of you getting a job and even a loan.

AckAckAckAck
We each made a list and then compared them. Anything that matched went onto a bigger list. Some that didn't match went on the bigger list too. We also each had veto power over anything we didn't want.

When it came time to pick we just kept narrowing it down, and eventually came up with one. I think I would have had the ulitmate picking power though had it come down to it.

Amelia88Amelia88
Before we had even started trying we had one boys name and one girls name that we both liked and agreed on! I would always want it to be a joint decision - there were names we both liked that the other hated, but we adore our little ones name and find it fits her perfectly! So we are both happy!

Amelia88Amelia88
Before we had even started trying we had one boys name and one girls name that we both liked and agreed on! I would always want it to be a joint decision - there were names we both liked that the other hated, but we adore our little ones name and find it fits her perfectly! So we are both happy!

twink890twink890
Both my partner and I had a list of names we liked and then shortlisted them. Thankfully we managed to agree on a name without much compromise!

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews