Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

Teething

mystery24mystery24
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
ok thankyou

EmeraldEmerald
My daughter started teething at 3 wks, it was a total nightmare. we always had freshly boiled water in the fridge and dipped her dummy in it. she didn't have a dummy before this but noting else is availabe for them at that age. i did try her with some herbal stuff but did nothing. there is a banana bonjela that can be got for two month old babies.

candgsmumcandgsmum
My DD teethed from birth and we used Nelsons teether powder, it's herbal and suitable from birth. We could only find it in Superdrug though.

DS teethed early too, we found a soother that fits your LO's gums. It is shaped so they can 'chomp' on it but you can put a teething gel on it as well. I think it was made by tommee tipee (I know I've spelled it wrong, sorry)

linseylinsey
my sons been teething for a while ive been told to give them 50pences old shoe horns and meat bones i wont but from this i know they need something hard to chew try leather straps like watch straps

bunnigirlbunnigirl

candgsmum said:
My DD teethed from birth and we used Nelsons teether powder, it's herbal and suitable from birth. We could only find it in Superdrug though.

DS teethed early too, we found a soother that fits your LO's gums. It is shaped so they can 'chomp' on it but you can put a teething gel on it as well. I think it was made by tommee tipee (I know I've spelled it wrong, sorry)

hey hun yes i had one of those i brought it from asda its called a gummy and they are quite good for them to chomp on aint they
xxx

mystery24mystery24
ok thankyou again for advice

casey27casey27
one thing i found that worked really well is froz3en celery sticks. it cools the gums and my daughter loves suking the juice out of it.it doesnt fall to pieces when it thaws like some frozen foods do. it just goes a bit soggy which is actually quite good cos it means they wont choke on a big lump of it if they bite down hard.

candgsmumcandgsmum

bunnigirl said:

candgsmum said:

hey hun yes i had one of those i brought it from asda its called a gummy and they are quite good for them to chomp on aint they
xxx

I think they do them in stages 1,2,3 until they can use a conventional teether, we got ours from our local Morrisons. It was really effective for George Very happy

AvalonAvalon
Have you tried a homeopathetic rememdy called Teetha
it worked great for us.

Avalon

mummyheathmummyheath
- My blog
i have found something that has been working a treat. they are ice pops but they're mineral water with a hint of fruit and they're great iv had hardly any trouble with her, and because they're mineral water they are completely safe for them and are great in this heat.
charly loves them a big life saver im telling you.
x x x x x

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews