Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

Teething

mummyheathmummyheath
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
- My blog
hi my daughter is 4months old and has been teething for the past month can anyone help iv tried a couple of things and they only work for a little while.

hipmommahipmomma
Ok, personal favourites:

Of all the teething gels i fould calgel the best, its the one made by calpol but doesnt have any paracetamol in it so you can give them calpol at the same time.

Also cold food (if she is on solids? mine were at 4 months but i know not all are) Carrot or cucumber sticks out of the fridge even if they dont reammy eat much yet are good and they can just gnaw their gums down on them.

Other than that just lots of cuddles, more than anything mine were always just grumpy!

Good luck, hope this lot passes soon, it gets easier as they get older!

alis378alis378
Sorry but have no other suggestions. I use all the above too though I have found bonjela to be good.
Alison
x

bunnigirlbunnigirl
well the above too but u coul give ur babt a ice pop to chew on and u can keep re frezzing it as long as u dont open it mine loved that and if the gels dont work there is something called ashton and parsons powders u can get them from most chemists they are good
good luck hunni teething is a pain isnt it mine is also teething and he is 13 months old and so melodramatic dont no where he gets it lol
xxxx

sliceslice
Hi there, I found that not a great deal worked for Josh but then was recomended a product called ambasol liquid,it is a mild anasthetic and you can buy it over the counter,It was great for Josh and so I am passing this knowledge on to you if you fancy giving it a go. Very happy

hipmommahipmomma

slice said:
Hi there, I found that not a great deal worked for Josh but then was recomended a product called ambasol liquid,it is a mild anasthetic and you can buy it over the counter,It was great for Josh and so I am passing this knowledge on to you if you fancy giving it a go. Very happy

oh yeah, i remember having that when i was a kid, is it still aniseed flavour yellowish liquid?

sliceslice
Thats the one hipmomma,it worked wounders for Josh.

mummyheathmummyheath
- My blog
Thanks ever so much for all these im gonna try them all and see which one works better for her. its alot harder than i thought it was going to. and coz shes started when she was three months i hadn't even prepared myself,lol thanks again. hope everyone is good today. Very happy

sliceslice
Good luck, we are all fine in the slice household thankyou.

mummyheathmummyheath
- My blog
thats good im at my mums trying to keep the little one amused shes being a little madam she wants me to play and sing 24/7 im not allowed to do anything lol if i look away for 3secs she screams. bless her

sliceslice
well I know its hard but start now giving your self space from her, she is being cared for she wants for nothing so be tough and she will learn that mummy will always be there but not when she demands.lol

mummyheathmummyheath
- My blog
i know shes too intelligent for her age. i mean the day she was born she could hold her head up and she was smiling. shes now in a baby walker coz she wants to stand all the time. shes trying to talk and i started weaning her at 3months old.

sliceslice
well she certainly wants to be noticed in this world which is no bad thing .lol

mummyheathmummyheath
- My blog
no i know that and she is deffo noticed lol

bunnigirlbunnigirl

slice said:

i forgot about ambesol its great isnt it my daughter got so much relief from it just when they get oder and u have to put it in the mouth be a good teeth doger cos they come keen lol
xxx

mummyheathmummyheath
- My blog
i didnt even know they done a kids one i have an adults one that works brilliantly on mouth ulcers lol

mystery24mystery24
Hi its funny u posting this my LO is screaming in evening or sometimes during the day.Think he is teething but only 11wks.Can he use these thing u been saying at his age? He's always sucking his fingers and dribbles abit.

bunnigirlbunnigirl

mystery24 said:
Hi its funny u posting this my LO is screaming in evening or sometimes during the day.Think he is teething but only 11wks.Can he use these thing u been saying at his age? He's always sucking his fingers and dribbles abit.

i cant really remember but i can say this if he cant have it now he can in a week cos i do no u can have it by 12 weeks hunni i am almost certain of it but there is somethings u can get for him just ask at the chemist they will help u
good luck
xxx

sliceslice
I dont have any anymore to look it up but I am sure it is 12 weeks, just ask your phamacist and they will put you right,but I tell you what if you can use it it is great!I swear by it.

mummyheathmummyheath
- My blog
yeah everything is 12weeks but charly started around that age so i gave her aston and parson powders they helped alot but shes 4months now so still looking for the perfect one lol

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews